Ahhh, My Dog's Dying!

Soldato
Update: RIP Lucky - 19th May 2006 - A Good Friend

Update Two: Unbelievable, this is just bloody stupid! :mad:

My dog's had cancer for a while now, and although we had a tumour cut off of her leg, it wasn't going anywhere.

We thought we had at least another month left with her, but my mum has decided to have her put down on Monday as the cancer has spread to her chest, all around her front-left leg and she has lots of lumps on her back and some on her sides. :(

I just went downstairs now and she is shivering. She isn't herself and she must be in lots of pain 'cause she keeps grunting. I just made her some of her favourite drink (Stawberry milkshake) and she enjoyed that. Then I put water in her bowl and she drank it all really really fast.

What can I do to make her feel more comfortable? I don't think we can do anything about it now, until Monday.

I just sat on the step with her outside and she was just leaning her body against me, then she went to bed. She's walking really slowly and it seems like she's totally lost and scared.

What else can be done for her?

Thanks,

Phil. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks guys.

She's gone to bed at the moment. I think she try's to sleep through a lot of the pain and she doesn't seem to interested in doing much right now.

She's like a very good friend. Here she is, smiling;

lucky.jpg

Phil.

Soldato
OP
Update:

She has started breathing heavily like she has been running. My sister's taking her the vets to be put down.

Just said my farewells to her.

Goodbye Lucky, I'll miss you! :(

Phil.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys.

Just sitting in my room trying to cheer up with some happy music, but it all sounds like most sarcastic **** ever made, right now. :p

Ahh well. Movie + coffee + a smoke, ought to sort that.

Thanks again; it's not easy losing a very good friend.

Phil.

Soldato
OP
I don't bloody believe this.

My sister took her to the vet, and guess what they did? They gave her strong painkillers! :mad:

She has cancer and they just want to prolong it because it's probably cheaper for them. Heartless ********! Everyone, including myself, accepted that she should go and the dog is in absolutely no state to carry on living. She has cancer all over her body and she just isn't her usual self.

All that these drugs will do is make her a walking zombie! I'm absolutely furious!

Soldato
OP
Ok, she's just come back and despite the "strong painkillers" she's a little bit worse.

It was my sisters fault with all her "Is there NOTHING we can do?" ******** that she kept coming out with and so they never put her down. Jesus christ, the dogs in absolute agony.

My mum's taking her back in the morning and I'm going to go with her to make sure the job is done properly this time. I'm sick of her living in pain like this. It's horrible!

Soldato
OP
I wish we were given morphine pills, as I'd just give the dog all of them if we had them and do the job my bloody self. I know pain killers aren't good, as they're a horrible way to die.

I just went down to see her and she is constantly panting, looking at a bloody wall and doesn't react when her name is called. Her heart is going like crazy and she'll probably end up dying here tonight if it doesn't calm down. Which it won't, 'cause the pain killers are clearly having no affect on her whatsoever.

So now she will suffer more and have a heart-attack as her heart was recorded at 220BPM at the vets and when I touched her chest, it was really really fast. Shar pei's already have a problem with oxygen in-take (natural; that's why their tongues are blue) and so she'll black out soon or have a heart attack.

Never been so angry.

Oh, and thanks K_C :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words.

Well, I woke up this morning and went downstairs but she wasn't there, and neither was my mum. Just a bowl of water by her bed, with lots of chocolate that my mum probably gave her.

Didn't look like she had the energy to eat or drink much, it seems.

My mum promised me she'd get the job done properly in the morning. I just sat in her bed for a minute when I went down. I'm hoping she's out of pain now.

Lucky really hates going to the vets. :(

Phil.

Back
Top Bottom