Ai Booster

Associate
I've installed this app from the asus CD, changed the clock using it slightly and left it like that for a few days... Yesterday went into BIOS to make some changes from there and found out that upon the system boot my BIOS setting were getting overwritten by the Ai Booster. I even tried uninstalling the app but it didn't work.. The settings seem to stay "locked" - I can change them in BIOS but when I boot up the machine they all go back to the last ones I used in Ai Booster...
...did anyone come across this ?

Caporegime
So let me get this straight...You DONT want the overclock? But you have the program un-installed, and the clock is still there...

Just re-install the program, and set everything back to default (I'm sure theres an option somewhere)...Then when you think everything is good, un-install the program, and see what happens there.

If that doesent work, you can try cwhat the guy above said, or even see if theres anything under the startup tab on 'msconfig' that relates to the Ai-booster program...But i doubt that will help.

Hope that kinda helps.

Associate
OP
there's nothing in boot.ini that relates to ai booster. Even when i reset it to default settings and uninstall the app it doesn't help..
when i go back to BIOS it lets me change the FSB (obviously) but when the machine boots up it defaults back to 266 .. i'm totally confused

I tried disabling intel speedstep in BIOS cause i think thats something that lets OS configure the freq settings

Last edited:
Caporegime
I just dont see how it can over-ride it..Especially when you hit the damn apply button.

Suppose you could always do 'Defaults'...Uninstall, then try removing registry entrys with hijack this or CC (C##p-Cleaner...)

Or manually find entries...But thats uptop you.

I've never had that probrlem with the software, mainly cause i dont use it but yeah.

Associate
Ai Booster is trash - everyone who uses it has problems, which can include changing all your voltages so your PC doesnt boot

re-install the app, make sure everything is set to default, reboot, check the BIOS. If it's still messed up then uninstall the app and clear CMOS

Associate
OP
CellShock voltage

I got CellShock 2GB DDR2 PC2-6400C4 800MHz. The auto voltage in bios shows 1.8V .. shall I increase it to 2.2V that's recommended for this memory or more if intend to overclock it ?

Caporegime
Hmm, i say start from scractch if you really want to overclock, do as the person above said, get the ap back to defaults, and apply the settings. Go into your bios, see if everything is normally, ie clockspeed, fsb etc. If everything still all wrong, just do a Cmos clear, or even try reset to defaults in the bios first to see if that changes anything.

But yeah, dont use Ai booster to overclock...Only time i use it is if i goto bed and want the pc on, so i turn Q-fan on :p

Back
Top Bottom