AIO Radiator Fan Position

Associate
I've been looking into investing in an AIO but wasn't sure whether it be worth investing in two Phanteks Halos to put on the fans of the radiator as I am unaware of whether the position of the fans affect temps and so don't want to buy a Halos if it turns out having the fans on the unseen side.

Anyone able to help me out ?

Soldato
So fans can either bring air into the case or take it out, and they can either push air through the radiator or pull it through.

I don't know how those fans look from the "back" side but I'm guessing not as good as the top side. So, air moves from the top side (with the fan hub visible) to the other side (with the fan frame visible).

Do you want them visible inside the case, or through the mesh/grille/panels?

Edit: just seen you mean to add Halos - you should be able to put them wherever you like. Even on the radiator if you want!

Associate
OP
What I mean is, how does having a radiator with intakes differ cpu and gpu temps to having a radiator with exhaust. (Pulling into case or pushing out). And also how would having an intake on the inside differ to outside of radiator etc.

Soldato
Some would argue that pulling air through a radiator creates less turbulence and so noise = more efficient.

Most would agree that a radiator as intake will deliver cooler air to the liquid, but will dump heat inside the case. It may raise GPU temperatures a little.

Associate
A radiator is always more efficient at cooling when colder air is passed through it (i.e. Fans are intake). When using high static pressure fans (always recommended) on radiators they usually work better in a push configuration, although the difference is often only a few a degrees at best versus pull. Pull will usually be quieter as per @LuckyBenski 's comments above. Push is better for cooling since the air turbulence through the fins is actually a good thing (for cooling) as it carries more heat away but results in more noise versus pull at the same RPM. I believe high air flow fans actually work better in a pull configuration though since they lack the static pressure to optimise the turbulence.

Soldato
I've been looking into investing in an AIO but wasn't sure whether it be worth investing in two Phanteks Halos to put on the fans of the radiator as I am unaware of whether the position of the fans affect temps and so don't want to buy a Halos if it turns out having the fans on the unseen side.

Anyone able to help me out ?

Ahh ok thanks, any suggestions on best AIOs?

first pic is with silent wing 3 and 2nd is with silent loop default Pure Wing with Halo RGB cover

silent loop is you've got the cash, if not cheaper Eisbaer LT- both kits Alphacool is the OEM . pump is silent and run at 100% !
cooper rads and fittings. silent loop is 30mm thick and eisbaer LT is 25mm thick

0RDsOwh.jpg

s6cmvhL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom