AIO recommendation

Associate
believe asetek design, either away they own the patent on it, and listed on their site as producing for arctic

It's not Asetek. Maybe previous gens were or other products use it. The pump design is their own. The VRM fan actually works and the thick radiator does a lot for heat absorption and dissipation.

I see they have jumped up in price. I bought mine for the same price as a D15 at the time. I got mine for 70gpb.

Soldato
It's not Asetek. Maybe previous gens were or other products use it. The pump design is their own. The VRM fan actually works and the thick radiator does a lot for heat absorption and dissipation.

I see they have jumped up in price. I bought mine for the same price as a D15 at the time. I got mine for 70gpb.

https://www.asetek.com/gamingenthusiasts/diy-partners/fractal-design

would have had to pay royalties to asetek. specially if sold in EU and US. alphacool uses reverse flow to get around it and have that locked down

as stated older Gen was Alphacool

Associate
Not really, 100% for any CLC that doesn't use reverse flow or dual chamber .
But for Arctic , I completely got it mixed up with fractal

sorry I was talking about what I wrote and forgot to take out the quote. That being said Asetek don't have patent in the EU for the pump on top of the heat plate. They tried to sue cooler master, lost, and were forced to pay cooler master

Associate
It's easy to install. The backplate and mounting mechanism locks in place and is very well built. Just 1 cable to connect. The fans come attached and radiator already. Not sure what they could do more honestly. The thick radiator might be an issues for clearance on some cases maybe. So check measurement on the spec sheet vs your case.

I don't know the flow rate.

Associate
OP
It's easy to install. The backplate and mounting mechanism locks in place and is very well built. Just 1 cable to connect. The fans come attached and radiator already. Not sure what they could do more honestly. The thick radiator might be an issues for clearance on some cases maybe. So check measurement on the spec sheet vs your case.

thanks I've got a fractak r6. What worries me about the artic is the size of the block on my motherboard which is the asus maximus x hero. Think it will only go one way because of the nvme shield, ram and the built in I/O shield

Associate
OP

looks like its too big for the case

Associate
OP
thanks I've got a fractak r6. What worries me about the artic is the size of the block on my motherboard which is the asus maximus x hero. Think it will only go one way because of the nvme shield, ram and the built in I/O shield

Im looking at it wrong my case can fit a 420 there's a 5mm difference in thickness between the cooler i have and the artic 2

Associate
OP

Im looking at it wrong my case can fit a 420 there's a 5mm difference in thickness between the cooler i have and the artic 2

Associate
OP
The fractal s36 radiator is bigger lengthwise and width wise but the artic is thick which might cause issues if I have to remove the ram and it will stop me being able to plug or unplug anything from the headers at the top of the motherboard such as the cpu fan

Back
Top Bottom