AIO with G1/4 threads

Soldato
Hey all,
I'm planning an itx monster build and while I've previously said I want to move away from water cooling I've seen to many sweet looking water cooled itx builds that I've got the bug again.

A lot of the builds us AIO's with custom hard line tubing to cool the CPU.
Trouble is finding an AIO that will accept standard G1/4 fittings.

I think the fractal Kelvin t12 has threaded connectors, does any one know of any other 120mm kits with G1/4 connectors.

I understand the problems with modding AIO's but there is just no way of fitting a custom loop into the build, plus I'm planning to make a few custom parts also.

Air cooling would probably be a better solution but I'm vain and want the looks :)

Soldato
OP
From what I've found the Fractal Kelvin series all have g1/4 threads as does the Alphacool Eisbaer, which is what I'll probably go for as it seems to have the most powerful pump.

Not found any thing else yet.

Soldato
OP
Cheers for taking the time to reply but I've just pulled the trigger on the Eisbaer solo, it seems to tick all the boxes I'm after.

Soldato
You say there's no room for a custom loop and then go strap that huge thing to your CPU? Alphacool DC-LT is your friend, there's always space for a loop. Shame you pulled the trigger on that Eisbaer.

Do make sure you get some progress on the Project Logs area, always up for a Mini ITX loop.

Soldato
OP
That looks like a tidy little unit, will remember that for future endeavours.

I've seen the Eisbaer used a couple of times in the same case so I know it should work. I also like the look of it. Hopefully it performs well.

I will be starting a thread on the build for sure, just got to order a few more bits.

Soldato
Excellent I am not alone.

Whilst waiting for my EISWolf for the Vega, I've accumulated through a combination of original thinking and alcohol the following:

a) EISBaer 240
b) Spare 240 Nexxus radiator extension
c) 1 x 30cm extension kit
d) 1 x Cape Corp Coolplex pro 10LT
e) (yet to be delivered) Eiswolf Vega 120

I've connected c and d using the threadedend of the extension. This is to allow top up/maintenence which although shouldn't be an issue with this Alphacool kit I want to be safe.

so my loop will go Pump (cpu) -> top 240 rad -> Resevior -> Front 240 Rad -> Pump (gpu)

I should have just built my own loop to be honest!

Soldato
OP
Should be interesting, you got a thread started on it?

Mine will be nothing special, in fact it's likely to turn into comedy central following on from the mess I've made of my current rig (you can find pics of that in the case gallery thread :) ) I'm on a tight budget and already spending too much.
Though I am taking this one a little more seriously, this rigs got to last me a good few years.

Soldato
Don't want to start a thread just for the one question. How good/bad is the Alphacool DC-LT compared to the various d5's?
If it was a second hand D5 vario or a new DC-LT and you were buying?

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't want to start a thread just for the one question. How good/bad is the Alphacool DC-LT compared to the various d5's?
If it was a second hand D5 vario or a new DC-LT and you were buying?

A D5 would destroy the DC-LT in performance, but that's entirely irrelevant. A DC-LT is designed for small spaces, but it still has some grunt to it, especially the redesigned DC-LT 2600. I've seen builds with a single DC-LT push through full loops with no issue. There's a big thread on Overclock.net about the pump.

But ultimately if you're building a loop in a very tight space, you're not going to have multiple huge radiators, so you don't need the same grunt as a D5.

Soldato
OP
Funnily enough I only installed it a few days ago. seems to be running great so far. only have it on the cpu and a 120 rad but it is a Alphacool xt45 so double thickness.

Seems to pump well but there is a high pitched hum from the motor, can't hear it over the case fans though.

Associate
Funnily enough I only installed it a few days ago. seems to be running great so far. only have it on the cpu and a 120 rad but it is a Alphacool xt45 so double thickness.

Seems to pump well but there is a high pitched hum from the motor, can't hear it over the case fans though.
Thanks, just noticed OcUK now stock them as well!

Back
Top Bottom