AIO, worth it? Now with results

Soldato
OP
I ended up going with the cryorig because I couldn't see 40 quid in value in getting the kraken. Used the saving to get some thermal grizzly and will save the rest for games. Either way, I'll post my temps so hopefully we'll have a definitive answer

Soldato
OP
Update: Cryorig A80 installed.

Verdict: At full fan speed (which seems to be what my mobo profile decided was appropriate when I loaded prime95) it's loud. It is, however, 15C cooler than my thermaltake Frio (the original one). And is sitting in the high 50s at full load in a hot room after 2hrs of prime. Result! Just need to adjust the fan curve to max out later on (it looks like it ramps up at 50c which is a bit too aggressive) or else hook them up to my fan controller.

Pump noise is negligible compared to my existing case fans on a low speed setting so I think it's only a concern for very quiet rigs.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a dh 15 a kraken x62 and an ek predator 360. From my point of view the kraken x62 can cool better than a dh15 and look way better doing it but there is a downside to this. In my testing for personal observations it cooled only roughly 2/3 degrees better at the offset of being very very loud to to achieve this. You also have to use the NZXT cam software which is hit and miss depending on who you talk to. There is no doubt it looks great the performance is decent just don't expect it to beat the top aircoolers from various manufacturers by a huge margin.

THere is idle pump noise not obtrusively loud but certainly under idle condition you may notice your system more. Of course any top aircooler under idle you will just notice the fans/airflow.

THre is also the cost factor the Kraken when I got it was roughly about twice the price of the dh15. Only you can decide if this is worth it. If you are looking to make something that is pleasing to the eye and have decent performance then the Kraken may tick some of the boxes for you.

I have a 5930k at 4.4 ghz @1.26v when I was testing it for stability the kraken was overwhelmed. I don't consider my overclock an extreme one. If I ran it at stock then I would be comfortable using the kraken.

I added 2 corsair SP fans to my Nzxt kraken as I had the same kind of results as you, when I overclocked it couldn't handle it. Now runs perfectly and temps are great - interestingly I did the same with my predator and it made no difference, so the predator was definitely better.

Soldato
OP
How long did it take to saturate your kraken? An hour of prime at the lowest pwm curve 0.75%/1C and I sit nicely at 55C with my 3770k at 4.5ghz.

I imagine a 59xx cpu pumps out a fair bit more heat though.

Associate
How long did it take to saturate your kraken? An hour of prime at the lowest pwm curve 0.75%/1C and I sit nicely at 55C with my 3770k at 4.5ghz.

I imagine a 59xx cpu pumps out a fair bit more heat though.

I have a 4790K delidded, and out of the box before I added the Corsair fans so it was push+pull it could only cool the CPU at stock, overclocked it was hitting 90. Added the fans and my temps are now 60C load under prime @ 4.7 I think I left it at.

Note this may partly be due to my case, the airflow at the front where the rad sits isn't optimal.

I'm really happy with the Kraken after adding the fans.

Back
Top Bottom