Air Cooling overhaul

Soldato
Hi there!

System Specs:

Q6600 @ 3.2 (Tuniq Tower)
GA-P35C-DS3R
4870 1GB
Akaska Zen Case

The problem in question is that my motherboard has been running toasty for quite awhile (runs at 48c most days idle :rolleyes: and having to stick a house fan on the side to cool it!) What kind of cooling could I get to help with the board.. Maybe NB cooler that wouldnt be hard to put in due to Tuniq Tower being well.. huge lol.

Would i be better off buying a new case (something like CM 690 or close to price range). Maybe getting a custom cooler for the 4870.

Thanks

Steven

Soldato
OP
Ok a lil update. Ive just purchased the CM 690 II and Neo Vortexx for my XFX 4870 1GB.

My question is now, Ive heard a few people having to saw a few mm for the cooler to fit correctly, i guess thats ok. Another one is that because im new to this whole GPU cooling, that people mentioned it doesnt come with additional VRM coolers. So is there anyone who has fitted one of these coolers and purchased additional VRM coolers, if so, then what kind? As i dont know what im looking for! :)

Associate
I have the Vortexx Neo on 2 Sapphire 4870 1gb's but I made sure I bought the Sapphire models because they already had VRM heatsinks. While I was looking I did find the Zalman ZM-RHS70 and Zalman ZM-RHS90 VRM heatsinks that may be ok with the Vortexx Neo (can't link you because it's on a competitors site).

Back
Top Bottom