air flow and cooling TJ07

Associate
Hi

Any help appreciated. I have a TJO7. Replaced all the stock fans with ambers or Noctura's.

2 92m rear in
2 120 top out
2 120 side in
PSU out.
side blower under the 8800GTX

Zalman 9500 on CPU

All fans are correctly orientated and on full blast.

I have never been happy about the temps and after seating and re- seating the zalman resigned myself to owning a hot chip. The Zalman is doing nothing - not even warm to the touch. Currently with side on in a warm room (22C) 52 idle and 69 load. One day - never - I will lap the CPU a 6700 which is clocked to 3.4 with 1.425 v.

However, with the side off the temps drop to 48 idle - so an air flow problem as well.

If I could work out how to paste a photo I would but I think you will get the general gist.

img.php
[/URL][/IMG]

img.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I have the AM2 black version of that cooler, and I personally find it appauling at cooling my CPU, whilst it looks like a nice cooler it doesn't cool well at all.

Air flow could be a problem with the set up, but personally I would not rule out the cooling capabilities of the CPU cooler.

InvG

Try reversing the two 92mm rear fans to intake air.....not sure if you can rotate your cpu cooler to take advantage of the intake air.
The 2 x 120 fans up top will take the hot air away.

Back
Top Bottom