Air getting into my loop?

Associate
Hi...I am pretty sure I have air getting into my monoblock, any Ideas how I find out where it is getting in.
the inlet tube from first radiator is free off bubbles, as is the res. the monoblock looks like this

this is the tube from outlet into second radiator

the outlet tube on second radiator also has bubbles but not as many as the inlet tube.

this is how its set up on the monoblock

The pc had been off about 16 hrs and looked ok when I switched on but after half an hour it now looks like this...any ideas where to start.

Soldato
Are the bubbles moving around? If not I'd suggest they will let go of the surface they're on, then move along and into the reservoir. It can take a few days for the "glass of coke" effect to clear IME.

I would also make sure your pump arrangement isn't reabsorbing these bubbles. If the flow is very high, or if the return from the loop is very close to the pump inlet, you may be finding any bubbles leaving the loop are pulled back in rather than forming a cavity at the top of your reservoir.

Associate
OP
so are you saying that the pictures look normal?

and I have just drained the loop and changed the fittings on the monoblock as I read somewhere else that poor fittings may cause air to get in...I re-filled and with in a matter of 5 minutes the monoblock looks the same and the outlet tube is the same as before as well

Associate
OP
I hope so....I changed to the monoblock 2 days ago from a normal EK-Supremacy EVO and never had a problem filling the loop like this, I was wondering if the monoblock was faulty

Soldato
I hope so....I changed to the monoblock 2 days ago from a normal EK-Supremacy EVO and never had a problem filling the loop like this, I was wondering if the monoblock was faulty

Top left is an annoying spot on EK mono for a larger bubble to appear as you can see, rest is normal and probably gone by now...

Back
Top Bottom