Air mail envelopes?

Associate
Is it still possible to get those envelopes with the British colours? I mean the ones with the red/blue/white stripe around the front edge.

I looked in the post office and all the stationers, but I couldn't find them. Are they just too old fashioned :confused:

Thanks. :)

You can still buy them as I have seen them from time to time while at my Post Office.

There is no reason to use those envelopes anyway so that is probably why they aren't all that common any more.

SiriusB said:
You can still buy them as I have seen them from time to time while at my Post Office.

Oh, so they're still available at the Post Office then? I'll visit one in a neighbouring town.

SiriusB said:
There is no reason to use those envelopes anyway so that is probably why they aren't all that common any more.

Yeah...it just happens to appeal to someone who will be receiving letters from me. "Wow, this is from Britian" :p

SiriusB said:
Well there is, if you are sending a long letter. Airmail envelopes and paper are made from much lighter weight paper (sometimes as much as half the weight of standard) meaning you can send more letter for your money. Of course if you aren't bothered at all about postage costs then I suppose it makes no difference.

Back
Top Bottom