Airflow..

@sx_turbo I have the same setup.... Well almost :D

y4mkQnvE4zaMMjdBHc-XFxOoTL2CUzQ3YnlXwUBiDR0d9TKn_oB2ktiYsgz4rP1_A2AArOQD6racFzLel32hV_7pUN2MLH7NOFWsiBSWRv5yNc4IgTJifjwZJChKeQ6poVzITXKE3IB64JU3O9GNx3UyCVo25PGHjdo_frhB9AnEXztGXO69R2k4PVA7hQABM_w

Got it up and running today, I'm quite chuffed with it.

While installing drivers and software and browsing CPU temps were at between 46 and 50 degrees, fans are running around 250rpm at this point.

Turned the fans to max and the CPU temp dropped to 33 degrees within seconds.

Ambient temperature was 21 degrees, googling these temps appear normal when doing this sort of work

So I think the airflow is enough at this point.

I'm waiting for a game controller to arrive soon can start playing and will keep an eye on temps then aswell, I'm not good with keyboard and mouse games, I like racing games predominantly.

Last edited:
I installed the only pc game I have so far today which is dragon age origins ultimate edition, which is technically 13+ years old now, . Turned everything up to max 1440p 144hz, FPS counter was showing 290 when playing and 350-400 FPS on cut scenes.

Cpu temps were around 60-67 degrees, and the GPU stayed at 43 degrees.

Cpu and ram is over clocked, but the over clocking is just the standard expo and pbo in the BIOS.

Hopefully try something more demanding over the coming week.

Final update: Spent a bit longer today playing, I managed to play Forza for around and hour and half and hellblade for 30 minutes.

Hellblade was on highest settings and Forza was on ultra settings, and both at 1440p and 144hz

Cpu stayed hovered between 60 and 65 degrees and GPU maxed at 50 degrees.

Ram hovered between 38 and 45 degrees, and motherboard temps stayed at 30-35 degrees

So seems there is plenty of airflow.

The fans are a bit noisy though due to the apertures they are sucking the air through and the plexi fan cowling being a little flexible so get a small amount of vibration, though this is only when the fans are at full speed, so I think it's going to be ok for airflow and temps for the foreseeable.

I'm quite happy with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom