Airlock in loop maybe?

Associate
Hi, i have recently moved my loop around and have found that everytime i start my loop when trying to flush i get massive air pockets that don't seem to move. I know the pump is working fine as i can see the coolant pushing up about a CM then back and so on i am getting this mainly in the higher up parts of the loop. I find that there are massive airpockets near the entrance of the top 240 RAD, and in the tube from the CPU to 360 RAD. Are there any easy ways to clear out airpockets i did manage to get through it eventually after turning the case every which way for a good 30 minutes i do also have a drain valve at the entrance to my pump. I also found that everytime i tried to drain the loop only the coolant in the pump/res and in the tube between the pump/res and gpu would come out nothing else would without tilting even with the top of the res off. I am a bit of newbie so any tips would be appreciated. I also apologize for the crap tubing i am getting use to it slowly and plan to spend a lot more time next time bending the tubing as i have nothing else to add. ALSO i am buying a multiport top for the res which will mean instead of the inlet port on the pump i will use the top of the res. If i leave the pump on and the coolant is not moving much as long as it has coolant it will not break correct? as my main concern was that the pump was being damaged because it could not push the air out.

https://imgur.com/a/sOQYY4K

Many thanks :D

Associate
If your pump doesn't have the power to generate enough turbulence to force the air pockets out, then tilting the case is pretty much the only way unless perhaps you have a multi-port radiator to bleed the air out. I'm not even sure how effective that is, as I've never owned a multi-port radiator and I've always managed to bleed my loop without too many issues (although I'm using flexible tubing). You just have to tilt, tilt and tilt some more (maybe even past 90 degrees).

Back
Top Bottom