AirPods

Soldato
Hi folks,

The wife has dropped a less than subtle hint she wants AirPods. She doesn't have a habit of losing stuff but it isn't unheard of.

I just had a quick look on Amazon and can see they are all varying prices etc. Is it worth jumping from the £99 gen2 to the £150 gen3? And then is it worth spanking the extra £50 again to get 2nd gen Pros?

And then on the Gen2 is it worth getting lightning or magsafe? We don't have any Macs in the house but she is due an upgrade so will have an iPhone new-one/whatever soon enough.

P.S. when did choosing Apple become so complicated (/grabs pitchfork shield).

Commissario
The AirPods Pro are very marmite, some people love them, others hate the feeling in their ears. Personally I liked the idea but they don't fit me.

On the other hand, the AirPods 3rd gen fit me perfectly and I find them really comfortable. I don't need the noise cancelling so they're ideal.

Anything you buy from Apple now can be returned for a full refund until the 8th January, even if you use them so you can get one type, try them and if they're not what she wants, return them for a refund and buy a different type.

Back
Top Bottom