Akasa Eclipse Power Button Problems

Associate
Hi,

Had my new pc about a month now - very happy everything was running very smoothly. Today I decided to crack it open and take advantage of all the space inside the wonderful Akasa Eclipse case, however after installing it I noticed that the power button had popped out - it's pretty flimsy anyway.

I put it back in and now whenever I push the power button nothing happens :( .
I know that there is power going into all my other components as the motherboard ASUS light is on.

Any ideas on a solution or a workaround for this problem?

Cheers :D

Has the solder to the switch gone from the wire to the header on the motherboard?

Have you got another switch you could try?

Got any pictures of it to make it a little clearer?

As far as I can see the header PCB looks fine with no undamaged solder.

Gonna dig around for another switch - any specific advice on this?

Would take pictures but my kids have run off with all the digital cameras, i'll try and show you what's going on when I can get my hands on one.

Thanks.

geff_r said:
hmm ive just purchased this case i am not pleased to hear this cheap build issues

First time I have heard of issues with the power button and considering it is the most popular case on this forum section if there were build quality issues it would be plastered everywhere.

Do not worry about it.

Does the switch still work or not?

Your best bet may be to contact Akasa support and see if they will send you a replacement front or just the switch.

Back
Top Bottom