akasa eclipse side panel removal

Permabanned
Just got my akasa eclipse 62 cannot get the side panel off
how on earth do u get it off have removed the 2 thumbscrews and it will not budge lol dont really want to force it off with a screwdriver is there something im not doing ok u must yank at top of side got it off now to figure out how to remove hard drive bays etc they seem to be permanently fixed with a plastic screw thing

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Just put your palm in the centre of the pannel, and hold the case with the other hand and give it a good hard push.

The pannels do tend to stick a bit, when I first removed the side pannel I had to lay the case down and use both hands to push it forwards lol

After the first time it loosens up a bit and its easier to get off.

Permabanned
OP
Yea works thanks loving this case so far my only small gripe is that i cant remove the floppy bracket and move the hard drive bay in its place well it wasnt designed to do that anyway and putting 2 hard drives in the floppy area is very tight and cannot use akasa hd coolers on them if put there case could do with a list of what the screws are for just using guesss work at moment used the black screws for the wheels i guess they are the correct ones.Overall what a case very impressed.I guess only option is to keep the hd in the hd bay and put up with the fan blowing the warm hd air into the pc.

Soldato
geff_r said:
Yea works thanks loving this case so far my only small gripe is that i cant remove the floppy bracket and move the hard drive bay in its place well it wasnt designed to do that anyway and putting 2 hard drives in the floppy area is very tight and cannot use akasa hd coolers on them if put there case could do with a list of what the screws are for just using guesss work at moment used the black screws for the wheels i guess they are the correct ones.Overall what a case very impressed.I guess only option is to keep the hd in the hd bay and put up with the fan blowing the warm hd air into the pc.

How many HDD's have you got in your rig? Why not make use of the HDD carriage that sits under the PSU?

Permabanned
OP
Because you cant fit 2 in with the akasa hd coolers the type that screw into the drive with twin fans.It's cool though this case is just superb the layout the cable tidying options etc very very pleased.

Back
Top Bottom