Alan Wake 2

bol

bol

Associate
Remedy are going to make this soon, Hope it's as good as the first.
I really enjoyed the atmosphere in that.

bol

bol

Associate
OP
I finished it around 5 yes ago, completed the dlc too. In my opinion it still holds up well.

Soldato
I remember the first was supposed to be a lot more than it was? I've never played it but from what I've seen it seems rather different.

Supposed to be some huge map with interesting dynamic weather, and "you're gonna need a quad core"

Associate
I completed the first back in 2014 Steam's telling me, but had to force myself to finish it, the story and setting is great but the combat gets boring quickly, to the game's credit the rest of it is all great and licensed music really adds good atmosphere, it's still a good game overall.

I'm looking forward to Alan Wake 2, hopefully will incorporate more exploration and puzzles with less combat, or at least quicker combat, some if just holds up the story as padding in AW1.

Man of Honour
I remember the first was supposed to be a lot more than it was? I've never played it but from what I've seen it seems rather different.

Supposed to be some huge map with interesting dynamic weather, and "you're gonna need a quad core"

Yup the game which actually released and the game which was talked of in development are very different - kind of like CP2077.

I was looking forward to it for a long time then never bought it.

Soldato
Original game took so long to make it went from being PC exclusive & GFWL to include the Xbox360 so was downsized technically to fit in on that console hardware (MS fully funded it to the tune of $40M over 5 years but allowed Remedy to port to Steam & PC later on). Here is a PC build early prototype video showing way more technical ambition but this all went when MS decided on an initial xbox360 only release strategy!
Alan Wake - Original 2005 Prototype [Beta Trailers and Gameplay] - YouTube
How Alan Wake Was Rebuilt 3 Years Into Development | War Stories | Ars Technica - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom