Alarm system

AEM

AEM

Associate
Our house alarm system keeps beeping. We have changed the batteries in all the sensors and reset it on the control panel. It will be quiet for a while but then start again.
We don’t have a manual or know the make.
The only identifying feature is a lower case e as a logo.
Any electricians out there or alarm experts

AEM

AEM

Associate
OP
8c80241e-ab73-466a-955d-67f0378a250c
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Z57V4K7n4PG9r7r6nHC5ACGg

h
as this worked

Soldato
Doesn't show for me. Try uploading to imgur.

You'll want to look at something like a service panel, normally where you'd find a stamp for serial number etc.

AEM

AEM

Associate
OP
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Zq5hzWlJqQZRC0QCzCaZikFA

Any good? I’m not very good with this kind of thing.

It’s a wireless system.
my husband has been trying to figure it out and says there isn’t any thing with a serial number on it. He’s been following advice online but it’s still beeping intermittently
For some reason it’s wired into the internet but we’ve never had any access to it.

we wonder if the person who fitted it has access to it or some sort of control code as we’ve had problems before and he’s come out and sorted it but we’re getting a bit fed up with calling him all the time. Tempted to get a new simpler type …

Thankyou for responding btw

thanks for responding btw.

Associate
Post the photo in a alarm CCTV electrician type forum if no luck here.
Try searching with Google image also.

Once you got the manual you can figure out which sensor is setting it off and disable it.
Sometimes the battery in the main panel needs replacing. Sometimes the bell box outside is faulty as weather gets to the tamper senskr., Which can be disabled or replaced too.

Led panel helps should tell you exactly what's triggering it.

Sometimes you can't access the engineering menu to do this because it requires a special code and engineers won't give it unless you ask for it. You can factory reset the whole panel though if you can get hold of the engineering manual.

AEM

AEM

Associate
OP
Thankyou that’s so helpful.

From reading the manual it could be that we changed the battery in the sensor that was indicated on the control panel as being low. But then for good measure we changed all the batteries as we assumed they would all be running low. So now it’s saying that all sensors are tampered. Maybe we only needed to change one?

the bell box was changed a couple of months ago

in the manual it says the installer has a code to manage the system and is the only person authorised to change the batteries. But why is that? What if they aren’t available for any reason?
And that text messages reporting any problems can be sent by the system to an authorised person (which we havnt been set up to do) so we’re assuming that’s to our installer.

Thanks again for your help

Associate
If they are not available then another engineer would factory reset the whole alarm system, reprogram it and set a new code. Sometimes they know how to just reset the code.

I don't know what those links to but if you can find the engineering manual, this is a technical one that tells an engineer how to install it as opposed to the user guide etc, then you can factory reset and reprogram it all yourself.

I have a different alarm but did the same thing, took me a few days to figure it out but no more callouts needed. Manual usually tells you how to do a walk test too which helps pinpoint the issue, you can then just disable that sensor until you replace it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thankyou that’s so helpful.

From reading the manual it could be that we changed the battery in the sensor that was indicated on the control panel as being low. But then for good measure we changed all the batteries as we assumed they would all be running low. So now it’s saying that all sensors are tampered. Maybe we only needed to change one?

You've probably got a tamper alert because you opened the sensors to change the batteries. You just need to clear that report somehow (check the manual). It's also possible that you may not have closed one of the sensors up properly, so one is reporting a tamper alarm.

AEM

AEM

Associate
OP
We managed to contact them and they talked us through it over the phone. All sorted now.
Will keep the manuals just in case
Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom