Alarm Text Alert - anyone got one fitted?

Gav

Gav

Associate
This is an alternative to the text option for 2 way communication, previous owner had this fitted on my old car, and it was quite good. Obviously won't stop anything happening to the car but the extra information was pretty cool.

Could tell at a glance whether the lights were on, locked or unlocked, doors/bonnet/boot open, engine on, tilt or shock sensors active etc. Beeps and/or vibrates as notification.

The range is fairly localised though (I never tested its limits).

http://www.in-car-stuff.com/shop/falcon-predator-evo4-pager-alarm-with-remote-start-p-30.html

Cheap junk alarm system. The best built part of it is the cardboard box that it comes in.

I've got a Viper 500XV pager alarm which is a nice alternative to SMS alerts (that afaik you have to pay an annual subscription for).

Good alarm in it's day but they don't make them anymore.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Pretty much all break-ins which occur on the street or in car-parks are the smash and grab type. They'll ransack the whole car and take what they can grab and be out of there in a few minutes. It's pointless.

I'll just quote what I've already said.

If you're scared of someone actually taking off with your vehicle then buy a steering lock. No one will bother.

Soldato
OP
thanks all,

i decided against it for the time being

thought id put the money towards a brake upgrade that ive been planning for a while.

:)

Last edited:
Don
I had the texting feature in my old porsche, also had a feature where i could ring the car and disable it once I had got to a safe distance in the event of a car jacking, the previous owner added them, after seeing the cost of them I doubt I would have bothered adding them myself.

Gav

Gav

Associate
No?

They were (are) a bit tempermental too, there was a recall initially and mine is a bit hit and miss with the distances the pager picks up alerts, etc.

Any idea what replaced it?

They haven't been replaced as such... We are still waiting on the latest range to appear. Clifford and Viper are putting all their efforts into the "Smartstart" system at the moment...

No remotes... alarm is armed and disarmed via Iphone/Blackberry etc...

Back
Top Bottom