Alien: Isolation Trailer

Soldato
Trailer

Interview

More info on IGN

Set to release this year on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC

I didn't play Colonial Marines due to the massive hatred towards the game but this looks like it could be potentially good, though i'm being cautious. I kind of like the idea of playing as Ripley's daughter.

Soldato
Dunno, I was pretty hyped about the last one like so many then let down massively, I'll take a look read some reviews once it's out before buying..

Have Gearbox got anything to do with this one like the last one?

Caporegime
Please let this be amazing.

2014 is looking like a good year for horror games.

Little bit of a summary.

- Alien: Isolation by The Creative Assembly.
- Q4 2014.
- Play as Amanda Ripley, Ellen's daughter.
- Set 15 years after the first film. Amanda, a Weyland-Yutani employee, learns that the USCSS Nostromo flight recorder has been recovered on a tradition station, and so seeks it out to learn of her mother's fate.
- Only one Xenomorph in the entire game. Focus on making the aliens scary again.
- Hunts you throughout the game. AI programmed to learn your movement and avoidance patterns to adapt and ambush. Want to make the xeno a "living entity".
- Encounters with xeno deliberately kept scarce to keep them scary.
- During a play test one tester stood by a desk for around seven minutes, and the dev team were worried it was due him having trouble working out where to go, or fumbling with a mechanic. They asked him what was wrong, and he said that he knew the xeno was in the area and was watching its patrol routes trying to work out a pattern, realised there wasn't one, and thus was trying to decide what to do.
- "What you do is different every time, so what it does is different every time".
- Xeno's learning rate is organic, not fixed. May find he learns one thing quickly on one playthrough, but slower on another.
- Other NPC occupants on the station. Both them, and the environment, will prove to be threats of their own.
- "Alien" game, not an "Aliens" game.
- "Haunted house in space".
- "When you come across the alien in our game it's about survival, avoidance, and hiding".
- First person. "Lean" function.
- Equipment: Flashlight, motion tracker, welding tool.
- The Creative Assembly have drawn from around 3 terabytes of unreleased material used for the films, including concept art and music.
- Will not contain any tech not seen in the film, described as "Low-fi sci-fi".
- Next-gen controllers used for gameplay feedback, eg: PS4 light bar flashes in time with the motion tracker.
- "No-one had made the game we wanted to play".

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I'll be waiting on reviews for this one. The last Alien game has damaged any games linked to the Alien universe as far as I am concerned.

Associate
Let's get this straight, I'd like nothing more than a decent Alien game. I was a massive fan of the original AvP games, got way too excited about AvP 2010 and it turned out garbage.

Colonial Marines rolls around, looks great... Disappears for a while then resurfaces with a suspicious release date and lack of reviews. I held off buying and was seemingly rewarded by not having to play one of the worst games of 2013.

You'll excuse me if I'm more than a little sceptical about this game. The concept looks good but will the Dev team be provided with the resources and time required to do it justice?

I'll leave it at that, you get your preorder in Robert, I certainly won't be.

jpm

jpm

Associate
That's more like it, I like that you're not armed to the teeth and gotta escape the alien. How survival horror should be.

I just hope it can keep its promise of what looks like a good game.

Back
Top Bottom