Aliens Fireteam

Soldato
Looks good (as all previews do really)

If it's a 'Left for Dead' 4 player co-op game (which it looks like in the video) it could be amazing. Fingers crossed!

M.

Soldato
You won't ever get a good Aliens game.
The 1986 film basically served as the inspiration for so many other games, that there's nothing left for an actual Aliens™ game to bring to the table any more.
The best they can manage is reiterations of the original story, with a ton of fan service references and almost-accurate renderings of the famed USCM kit and weaponry... though it seems no-one can resist adding their own spins or touches to the stuff, resulting in the usual lukewarm receptions from the fans.

Soldato
OP
You won't ever get a good Aliens game.
The 1986 film basically served as the inspiration for so many other games, that there's nothing left for an actual Aliens™ game to bring to the table any more.
The best they can manage is reiterations of the original story, with a ton of fan service references and almost-accurate renderings of the famed USCM kit and weaponry... though it seems no-one can resist adding their own spins or touches to the stuff, resulting in the usual lukewarm receptions from the fans.

Alien Isolation was an excellent game but I long for a good aliens fps. AVP was great back in the day.

Soldato
Aliens versus predator 2 was awesome! As was number 1 so hopefully this finally lives up to those two games.

I want to hug my pulse rifle in a ventilation shaft listening at the beep beep beep and crapping my pants.

Man of Honour
A good team based marine v aliens would be great but something about this is setting off all manner of alarms in me. Its supposedly due in the summer, yet until now I've heard nothing about it ever before, I cant seem to find any other title that the devs have ever done, its due in less than 6 months time (if the summer release is to be believed) and yet there is no mention of price or specs required. The cynic in me thinks its giving of all the signs of a crash and burn

Soldato
Ill want it cause its Aliens but really the best aliens games we ever got were AVP 1+2 and Alien Isolation, every other one pales in comparison to them three.

Still my optimism will keep me going, summer release isn't far at all so I hope we see more of it in next few months, Id rather a game come out of no where and release quickly and be good, maybe they just hid development very well over the years, some games get announced years in advance and come out broken as **** (Cyberpunk 2077 :p)

Soldato
I'd like to see some sort of hybrid of AvP with battlefield flag control in massive derelict spaceships, underground tunnel networks and sci-fi industrial facilities

Associate
I'd like to see some sort of hybrid of AvP with battlefield flag control in massive derelict spaceships, underground tunnel networks and sci-fi industrial facilities

Have you played Natural Selection 2? It's not like AVP with Battlefield elements, but it is a really fun alien vs marine multiplayer game.

Soldato
It looks alright to me so far. If the movement and weapons feel good and there's a decent variety of locations, it could be a damn fun co-op blast em up with your mates.

Gears horde and ME3 multiplayer didn't suffer from being 3rd person. Don't see why this simple horde shooter needs to be 1st person in order to be good.
As for not hearing about it earlier, maybe they figured it was best to shut up until they had something worth showing somewhere nearer the finish line.
It doesn't look like it'll be that demanding on specs. Them not mentioning required specs or price right now doesn't mean anything.

Man of Honour
As for not hearing about it earlier, maybe they figured it was best to shut up until they had something worth showing somewhere nearer the finish line.
It doesn't look like it'll be that demanding on specs. Them not mentioning required specs or price right now doesn't mean anything.

I hope you are right, I wish I could be so positive about it like you are but as I say they are things which are setting off alarm bells in my mind, not everyone has those alarm bells of course and sometimes mine dont function properly and I dont see the alarms before I whack out my money (I'm looking at you Cyberpunk :) )

Soldato
If it hits the same mark as something like say Strange Brigade or WWZ, it'll be decent enough for me to get on board with it, given I'm a fan of the IP. But I'm not expecting anything more than that really.

Back
Top Bottom