Alienware Alpha

Permabanned
Hi I originally had an R1 Alienware Alpha with an i5 and GTX 860M and loved the size and performance, half the size of an Xbox One.

Looking to getting a newer R2 with a full desktop 960 and newer I7.

I now have a 4K HDR TV and am needing something this small.

Currently around £500 second hand.

How is the 970 running 4K resolutions? I gather it won't game well?

Would it be wort building something rather than buying a made box? Any other gaming boxes out there?

Thanks!

Soldato
Hi I originally had an R1 Alienware Alpha with an i5 and GTX 860M and loved the size and performance, half the size of an Xbox One.

Looking to getting a newer R2 with a full desktop 960 and newer I7.

I now have a 4K HDR TV and am needing something this small.

Currently around £500 second hand.

How is the 970 running 4K resolutions? I gather it won't game well?

Would it be wort building something rather than buying a made box? Any other gaming boxes out there?

Thanks!

Kolink rocket - look in Ocuk store.. Ryzen 1600 and b350 itx, and gtx 1080 min ! Sorted :)

Associate
I'm running an Alpha R2 and a 4K TV - the whole lot works great with an Alienware Amplifier and a 1080 inside. The Amplifier itself can be bought quite cheaply these days (relative to other eGPU boxes), so it is definitely a viable proposition.

Man of Honour
Actually just picked up an R1 for the other half to use as a small desktop machine. Got to say I'm extremely impressed.
Got the i7 4765T version with 16gb ram and 500gb SSD in it. Even though it's not exactly the most modern machine, it's very competent. Not that expensive either. It's massively more than she needs, but it's a tiny portable machine that we can

Looking at an R2 with 960m as a possible base for a arcade machine build for a friend. His other half asked me to build one as a wedding present for him. :eek: I personally thought she'd want him to play with something else on their wedding day...

Back
Top Bottom