Alienware Laptop

Soldato
I've got one.

Wonderful build quality, everything seems nice and solid. Keyboard is nice to type on and the trackpad is decent.

It's virtually silent when not doing anything intensive, just general browsing etc.

Where it really shines is the OLED. OMG, seeing is believing. Playing games on it is so immersive, beautiful clarity and rich deep colours. You will fall in love with it and other laptop screens will seem so inferior after using this.

Also the audio is pretty decent too.

Overall, a highly recommend machine.

Associate
People seem to raise the good old throttling issue the R2's also were affected with - since BGA'ed setups, AW have lost their dominance IMO. There warranty / zero quibble is still the best out there though.

With Steam/Stream even remotely, I fail to see the requirement for gaming laptop these days as in 99% of cases people also have a gaming PC setup too.

Associate
But why would I want to? Why would I want to run up my own power bill to stream over a poor hotel wifi or 3G connection when I can just play locally on my laptop?

Seems daft.
because you don't have to invest £1000s in a high power / heavy laptop to do it and it works reasonably well.

This + your laptop will be obselete with zero upgrade options as I assume the R3's are all BGA'ed as was the R2 ergo limited to storage/ram and wifi upgrades only whereas a remote solution will be; your argument of cost makes no sense. :/

To your second point given most games have some sort of 'online' element even to the point that you have to connect to their servers to play makes your last point redundant as well.

FYI - I stream to a Surface pro and it works very well - cost £380, portability awesome

Soldato
This + your laptop will be obselete with zero upgrade options as I assume the R3's are all BGA'ed as was the R2 ergo limited to storage/ram and wifi upgrades only whereas a remote solution will be; your argument of cost makes no sense. :/

To your second point given most games have some sort of 'online' element even to the point that you have to connect to their servers to play makes your last point redundant as well.

FYI - I stream to a Surface pro and it works very well - cost £380, portability awesome

Alienware Amp pretty much solves the upgrade problem - at least for a couple of years or so.

Associate
Because that's a nice portable solution haha....Maybe you can just take your pc with you??

Does the amp utilise the entire bandwidth of pcie these days via their proprietary IO

Back
Top Bottom