All inclusive resorts with kids

Associate
Any recommendations for the best all inclusive resorts for peak summer holidays?

2 kids - 6/9… kids club/childcare a bonus
2 weeks in august
All inclusive
Bit of culture welcome but mainly r&r
15k max budget
Ideally 30ish C max temp

Any resort or locations tips?

Thanks !

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks will take a look. Ideally looking for first-hand reports of folks having been to places if possible!

Left field ideas here are taking 2 weeks in Japan, or 2 weeks in China, city hoping etc. But not sure kids would appreciate at this age, might end up spending a lot of money and having a miserable time.

Also considering Florida fly/drive + few days in parks.

Ideas appreciated!

(Last year we did AI in Greece, which was nice, but too hot for me and there was little going on near the resort, so after 5 days of pool/food it got boring)

Permabanned
We’ve been to Ikos Olivia twice and we’re going back again this year. The only reason we chose Olivia over the others was because we have a bunch of air miles and BA flies to Thessaloniki at a sensible time of day.

It’s eye-wateringly expensive but it’s incredible for an all-inclusive resort. You sit down on a sun lounger and within 60 seconds you’ve got a margarita in your hand. Kids club is excellent too - staff all seem very professional and their English is perfect. There’s also football classes taught by ex-PL footballers (Carlton Cole was doing it we were there last year) and there’s shows in the evenings featuring performers who’ve been in shows like The Lion King in the west end.

If you fancy a bit of an explore, the hotel has cars that you can take out. There’s no extra charge but I assume that you have to book in advance.

It’s not the kind of holiday I would have done before kids but it’s great for some R&R.

Soldato
We did Florida with a 8 and 11 year old last 2 weeks of August last year in a private villa. Heat was bare able (just about) as there is so much a/c everywhere. We did do the majority of our time in parks though. Everything including park passes and expenses came in at under 10k.

Soldato
Wow i've never heard of these Ikos hotels.

Aside from the usual food and drink stuff, I presume sports/acitvities and the spa are chargable extras or are they free too?

Permabanned
Wow i've never heard of these Ikos hotels.

Aside from the usual food and drink stuff, I presume sports/acitvities and the spa are chargable extras or are they free too?

Spa treatments and childcare for under 4s are extra. Everything else - football classes, tennis courts, water activities, gym, yoga classes, etc. is included. You just need to book some of them in advance.

Soldato
Thats wicked. Looks great, especially that activities are included too.
Probably somewhere I'd want to go either without kids or once the kids are 4 if they have good kids club facilities.

Man of Honour
I highly recommend Hilton La Romana in Dominican Republic. I book it with Hilton points, but I was chatting to a another guest there last April (out of term time) who got a deal for a family of four £6k ten nights, premium room, flights included - all with Tui.

Soldato
We're currently at Nana Golden Beach in Crete, 7 nights AI at just over £100 pp/pn* with Tui - "5* Tui rating"

Can't fault it really and for the (out of season) price it's amazing value.

Food, amenities and service all top notch imo, has 6 or 7 a la carte restaurants, which we can visit 3 of in the week, included in price. Did the Asian fusion one last night and it was stunning food, menu price would have been well over €100 for the two of us. Looking forward to the Japanese one tonight.

* Less for the child, for our companions (2A+1C) it was ~1800

Man of Honour
Just discovered this subforum.

Need advice on package holidays, I've somehow made it to mid-40s having only ever been on one, which I didn't arrange. I've always 'manually' put together trips before, but looking to try a package with the kids at the end of May. Few key points:
  • Kids (10 and 5) have never been on an airplane nor overseas
  • My wife hasn't been overseas for over 12 years, it would be nice to go somewhere 'decent' I suppose, given she's not travelled much lately. Probably Mediterranean, not keen on Turkey.
  • We are not the sort of family that would be happy sitting by the pool, or even on the beach for days on end. That's fine for a bit but would also like to sample a bit of culture. Have been considering perhaps a resort along the coast from Barcelona and taking a day trip there.
  • All inclusive seems like the best option I think, although I fear we won't partake in lunch that often if out and about. My youngest has cow's milk protein intolerance which is a bit of a worry with random buffets.
  • Don't want anything TOO hot, mid-20s would be ideal, nothing below 15C or above 35C for extended periods.
  • Kids club would be a big plus to use on occasion just to get a couple of hours to ourselves
  • Ideally somewhere that can be flown to from the South (Southampton, Bournemouth, Gatwick, Heathrow)
  • Don't really have a budget per se but probably around £2k total from the research I did, 5-7 nights. Can spend more for something of top quality, but don't think I could justify it being more than £4k. Half term week, so obviously get shafted on price.
  • Sports activities would be good for my son but not bothered about the adults - no interest in golf or watersports
There's always a chance that I conclude a package holiday isn't for us given our interests and we should arrange things how I normally do, but I do like the idea of not having worry about the cost of food and drink.

Last edited:
Soldato
  • We are not the sort of family that would be happy sitting by the pool, or even on the beach for days on end. That's fine for a bit but would also like to sample a bit of culture. Have been considering perhaps a resort along the coast from Barcelona and taking a day trip there.
  • All inclusive seems like the best option I think, although I fear we won't partake in lunch that often if out and about.

Apart from this trip, where I can't see us leaving the resort lol, we've always hired a car and explored the island/area for a few days. Have always been able to book a "pack up" which you can take with you.

• My youngest has cow's milk protein intolerance which is a bit of a worry with random buffets.

Everywhere takes allergies into account nowadays, so I'd say thats no more of a worry than eating out anywhere. I say this as someone with food allergies.

• Kids club would be a big plus to use on occasion just to get a couple of hours to ourselves

The one we're at now has a water park, kids club loads of kids activities (we came with my partners daughter and grandson) but still has a quiet, adult feel about it. I'd normally choose a place specifically not for kids :p

• Ideally somewhere that can be flown to from the South (Southampton, Bournemouth, Gatwick, Heathrow)
  • Don't really have a budget per se but probably around £2k total from the research I did, 5-7 nights. Can spend more for something of top quality, but don't think I could justify it being more than £4k. Half term week, so obviously get shafted on price.
  • Sports activities would be good for my son but not bothered about the adults - no interest in golf or watersports
There's always a chance that I conclude a package holiday isn't for us given our interests and we should arrange things how I normally do, but I do like the idea of not having worry about the cost of food and drink.

The date you go will define the budget to quality ratio. Like I said in the post above, we've paid ~£750 per adult for 7 nights at this Tui 5*, but at height of season it's about 3x that price.

daz

daz

Soldato
I think this is going to be your biggest issue. Short haul alone during the school holidays are likely to be expensive so it doesn't leave much in your budget for the hotel or anything else.
Could you get the Eurotunnel or a ferry to France? Normandy is nice, and you should be able to find somewhere with bed and breakfast or self catering leaving you free to explore and make your own food choices. But it might not be warm enough for your needs.

The other option is the Canaries, because it's part of spain but not the EU, food and drink is much cheaper. If you go to Tenerife you can go up to the volcano for one which is a good day out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom