Alphacool Eisbaer 360mm Noise (video example)

Associate
Alphacool Eisbaer 360mm CPU AIO Water Cooling Unit. Purchased from Overclockers in September 2019. It has developed a grinding noise.

I've followed a few of the basic tips which have worked temporarily: tilting the PC; adjusting the setting for the CPU header (ASRock Taichi X570 board); leaving it running for extended periods. But nothing works now.

My next move is to refill with water assuming that the problem is an air bubble and not a dodgy propeller like some google searches throw up in connection with Alphacool Eisebar products. I'm also mindful that Alphacool seemed to have a falling out with Mayhems about something relating to water products.

Before I take apart my PC and attempt to refill the block, does anyone have any suggestions or alternatives I could try? Any more information required? Should I just not bother attempting to fix and RMA the whole lot back to overclockers?

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Can you inspect the side of the pump block to see the liquid level?

Can't tell but it looks like your pump is above your radiator - this will let air get trapped there. Best to have the pump below its feed i.e. the radiator.

Associate
OP
Here's a video after the machine has been on 11 hours (I normally don't leave it on all day so I don't get this far). It's running relatively quiet now:

I have Corsair Carbide 600Q which has an inverse ATX setup. Good spot @LuckyBenski. I can't fit a radiator that size at the top or the side.

I'm hopeful I can top up the fluid levels sufficiently so it doesn't make the grinding noise for ~9 hours .... given that the cooler has run since September '19 without problem for several months, I'm hoping that's all that's required. If it has to be done a few times a year, so be it.

edit: the popping noise is my son playing minecraft....

edit edit: I could try running my inverse case on its roof :D

Back
Top Bottom