alpine advice...hu swap..

Soldato
Got an Alpine Cassette in my A4 atm...if I were to purchase an Alpine CD Player how easy would it be to install it myself? Would I need wiring adaptors etc?

Permabanned
just an ISO adapter tbh! Its an aftermarket tape player i take it, not the original Audi one!? They removal keys from the CD player might fit the old HU otherwise you'll need to source some!

If it is an aftermarket one, then you wont even need an ISO adapter as there should already be one there (as long as previous installer didnt butcher the wiring!)

Soldato
OP
Nope its an aftermarket one. How easy is it and how do I take the old one out?!! Looks like there is a small fascia thing round the edge of it for fit...
Wiring loom adaptor? Sorry never even contemplated installed ICE before :p

Soldato
Should be straight forward, slide the old one out, slide new one in. You need some keys to remove the old head unit, Halfords, or you'll probably get some the same when you buy the new one.

Soldato
Teledude said:
Doesnt sound too bad :D

What the cheapest CD one that plays mp3's etc?

ALP-CDE9845RB any good for £99?

Pioneer 3700MP has done me well.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3290.html

Two criticisms are that if the text scrolls, I dont know how to make it do so and it has volume buttons rather than a knob. Other than that its really cool and about £80 delivered

Soldato
Teledude said:
Will different makes swap in ok? Or is it best to stick to an Alpine?

Dont quote me but I believe all modern aftermartket head units have wiring looms that conform to the same plug... so if you have an ISO adapter for your particular car then you will be able to fit anything as long as you use both the HU loom and the adapter loom...

Back
Top Bottom