Alpinestars gloves - do they stretch when new/need breaking in?

Soldato
Anyone got any experience of Alpinestar's glove sizing? I tried on a pair of SP8 gloves in my local bike shop (wanted SP2 V3's but they only had XXL in stock) to get an idea of sizing as I'm aware that Alpinestar's can come up smaller than some other manufacturers. The Mediums were waaaaay too tight so tried Large and they fitted perfectly with no pinch points or discomfort but not too large either. My current Furygan gloves are a size L.

So ordered a size L in the SP2 V3 online. They were delivered today and when I tried them on I was slightly surprised to find they felt a bit too tight, but ONLY at one point on the left glove on the knuckle of the pinky finger when I make a fist, this is right where the bridge join between the pinky and the finger next to it is. It pushes into the knuckle quite a bit and is a bit painful! I assumed that there wouldn't be much difference sizing wise between the SP8 and SP2's, but it appears that's not the case.

Other than that, they fit perfectly. What I've done though is went back online and ordered a pair of XL's this time, they should arrive tomorrow so I can compare and decide what ones to keep.

I wondered though, will they stretch off as I break them in and get used to them? If the XL's arrive and are too big, I'd like to think the pinch point eases off on the size L's, but I don't want to assume that will happen and return the wrong pair, if that makes sense?

Cheers for any thoughts/observations!!

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought a pair of SP1 a while ago in medium and they were way too tight.
I've tried soaking them in warm water and pushing freezer bags filled with tissue down the fingers to try and stretch them, but it hasn't really worked.
All my other gloves are medium and they're fine.
I have heard a lot people say that you should go one size up with Alpinestars.

Soldato
I have heard a lot people say that you should go one size up with Alpinestars.
I had to go up 2 sizes with my alpinestars gloves and also had to go up one size with my alpinestars boots
If i remember right

Annoying i bought a pair of these Held gloves a few weeks ago and i really wish i bought the next size up :( Hoping they will loosen up as there only a tiny little bit tight

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom