Alternative to DarkSky on Android?

Soldato
Seems like Google is working on improving it weather forecasting
2GiNZqj.png

Shame its not that accurate and too far ahead. AccuWeather has more up to date and more detailed forecast
H3o7aMb.png

Soldato
you are looking at the incorrect app with a similar name lol.

Is the bad one you are referring to
1Weather Forecast
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.weather1.forecast.widget&hl=en_GB

The one i was referring to and use
1Weather : Forecasts, Widgets, Snow Alerts & Radar

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.handmark.expressweather&hl=en_GB

2 totally diff apps lol

When I try to install 1weather it says it is not available in my country! I am assuming that you guys recommending it are in the UK?

Soldato
How much is it to remove the adds on AccuWeather and i see there is quite a few bad reviews up for it/ Spomething about the last update ? is this correct ?
Its £8.49 per year to remove ads, I've an adblocker installed so I can't see any ads.

I prefer this update over the previous as its made it more like DarkSky, more focus on the weather conditions over a 2 hour period. Accuracy does feel a bit hit and miss. Few times it forecasted as no rain when it's clearly is raining.

Soldato
Accuracy does feel a bit hit and miss. Few times it forecasted as no rain when it's clearly is raining.
Unless I'm missing something you can't set up notifications to simply tell you when it's going to rain? I don't want a persistent notification and the only other option is for extreme weather :confused: I find it really hard to read all the info too, it's just a mass of plain text on a background.. I think I will uninstall...

Associate
My understanding of the whole dark sky saga they can cut it anytime they want to. I for one would not invest in any app that uses the api with lets face it no future what so ever.

You do realise the above apps have more providers than just dark sky?

Today weather has about 10
Overdrop has 3
Hello weather has 5

AccuWeather us by far the most accurate I've found

Associate
I really like Hello Weather but it seems even on their paid version they don't do rain notifications. Same for Today Weather. Seriously, why is no one copying Dark Sky and doing this? It's like the one thing everyone wants for a weather app... :confused:

I think Appy Weather does that. In the paid version, but, if it's vital then it's worth it.

Dev is quite active too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom