• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alternative to i5 11400f...?

Soldato
I really had my mind set on a 11400f based new PC, at £150 it seemed unmatched, but they never come in stock anywhere. Best price I've seen is £185 but made me think is there something better at that price point that isn't going to send the mobo etc upwards in price too. I was looking at the B560 boards at around £130 for reference.

Thoughts would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the help guys. 10400 does come very close so is a good option. Pretty settled on 1080p currently and the 5700xt i have for a good few years i would think.

Just thinking about losing pci-e 4 and that gen 4 m.2 slot if i go for the 10400 over an 11400 but i don't find my current pc slow so doubt i'd be upset with a slightly slower m.2.

Soldato
OP
I was hoping to re use the cooler i have, its a big Noctua twin fan, been fine with my last two intel builds so presume the mount spacing's are the same.

I've never had a m-atx, they look so small :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom