alternative to norton ghost

• Thread starter Deleted member 329
  • Start date

Deleted member 329

D

Deleted member 329

what happined to this once fine application. i remember when you could boot from a floppy or cd and do all your ghosting nonsence in no time without having to install it and loads of (lets face it) usless crap that i will never use that constantly starts up with my computer ( i know you can turn it off ).

i think its time for a switch..

i am looking for a ghost like application that can image drives manually. ( i dont want/need to set automatic backups )

is there somthing like this out there?

thanks in advance for your help

Deleted member 329

D

Deleted member 329

OP
hp7909 said:
Acronis True Image < excellent :cool:

why thank you sir for such a quick responce. hopefully this will do the trick!

shame i wont be able to read all my old ghost images!

Deleted member 329

D

Deleted member 329

OP
crashuk said:
you can boot from ghost.

yeah in the new versions 8+ i think you cant create from the bootdisc only restore..

i have just used Acronis True Image.. not only is it like ghost but it works like ghost should!! brilliant!

Associate
i have seen some kind of system where if you used the dvd with a backup image on it you could just boot from that and after a few hours you will have your wondows fully installed and running with all programs and updates . Does anyone know what software you need to do this?

Associate
i've moved over totally to acronis now. used to use ghost only. found acronis detects raid arrays etc hassle free. more than that, it also 'feels' better than ghost for some reason

Back
Top Bottom