Am I being ripped off?

Associate
I’ve just seen this on a competitors website:

• AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz
  • 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 480GB M.2 SSD
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
  • Windows 10 Home

I have recently ordered this from overclockers but it seems much worse spec for the same price (£1150) and the competitor is offering next day delivery, and I still haven’t heard from OC about any kind of delivery date.

1x) Samsung 1TB 860 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 64 Layer 3D V-NAND Solid State Drive (MZ-76E1T0B/EU)

(1x) Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3200 MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4 Memory Dual Kit

(1x) *Build Stock* Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER OC 6144MB GDDR6 Graphics Card

(1x) Microsoft Windows 10 Home Advanced - Systems

(1x) Kolink Citadel Mesh Micro-ATX Case - Black

Any advice? I can’t see why I shouldn’t cancel my overclockers and go with the competitors option.

Associate
I am looking at the exact same deals over there. I have given up with trying to talk to OC about a pre-built with such a card. The OC standard builds are not great for what I would buy and too much tinkering involved; plus you get to pay on order without any idea of when it may come.
Then get refunds if messing with the builds (which I want to do).

It is all down to whether you believe the delivery date or not. I think that other firms are shifting out GPUs in pre-builds. If it does the job why not?
Although be tempted to double up on the RAM to not run with a single stick 16Gb (about £75 ish)
You should have years in that machine, or (imo) swap it for the Ryzen 5 3600 and 550 Asus Prime Board

Associate
OP
Yep agreed re: RAM, will be looking to do this in the near future. As you say no point trying to talk with OC at the moment their response times/manner/ content is just so poor.

Back
Top Bottom