Am I being Selfish?

Associate
I want to be a clam !!

Oh wait no not shelfish.

I moved into this flat about four weeks ago, its on a council estate with a nice big flat piece of grass, now on the grass it has a big sign up saying NO BALL GAMES, yet all the brats around here gather everyday to kick a ball about, as the flat I’m in is a ground floor flat and just down a bank from this bit of grass every ball that gets kicked over a 3 ft wall hits the side of the wall or a window.

It’s been hell here since Good Friday when the kids have been off, all you hear is thump thump thump etc, phoned the council and they log the report and send someone around, they catch them doing it and have a word with the parents, still it goes on.

As I suffer from sever depression it has got to the point where I’ve decided to move back to my old flat, the reason I moved from there? Noisy neighbours, I know they have been evicted since I left so I’m moving to a quite place again, the problem I have is, my parents have spent about £500 on new carpets etc in the new flat.

I feel bad that they have wasted this money but to me I have to think of my own health. Am I right?

Permabanned
Do it.

If you've got undestanding parents they'll understand. If not, just listen to their waffle and tell them you're thinking of your mental health.

Know anybody with an old car, who wants a parking place? ;)

Soldato
Any chance of you paying them back?

I know it's not your fault you have to move but still, it would show you have put some thought into it.

Also, are you not tied into a contract?

Associate
You're right, if something is making you really unhappy you should change it. If you feel really bad about your parents spending lots of money offer to pay it back, if you can, in installments or whatever suits you.

Soldato
I dont know, I suppose you do have to put your health first yes. Nothing can come close to that and im sure your parents will understand that.

But could you not get by in your new one? Is there anywhere else for the kids to play locally?

Even perhaps if you just ask them to play the other way, so that they move their goals and dont kick the ball towards your flat and hit your wall, thats what I do, I dont want kids hitting my car so I just go out and ask them if they wouldnt mind kicking accross the field next to my house rather than up it (if that makes sense) and they do it.

Are you sure you couldnt work something out?

Associate
OP
Nazbit said:
I dont know, I suppose you do have to put your health first yes. Nothing can come close to that and im sure your parents will understand that.

But could you not get by in your new one? Is there anywhere else for the kids to play locally?

Even perhaps if you just ask them to play the other way, so that they move their goals and dont kick the ball towards your flat and hit your wall, thats what I do, I dont want kids hitting my car so I just go out and ask them if they wouldnt mind kicking accross the field next to my house rather than up it (if that makes sense) and they do it.

Are you sure you couldnt work something out?

I've tried, everyone has a problem with them and the oldest boy just looks at you like your £$%%, the mother is a normal 30 stone type woman who don't give a £$%%, i just know that in the summer its going to be 10 times worse because of the holidays, and nights not getting dark untill gone 10 etc

Soldato
I suppose in that case then you do have to put yourself first and get out of there. It seems a shame to be pushed out of a new home by people like that though.

Would your parents understand if you said you were moving back in? Would they be bothered about the money?

Soldato
Well perhaps stay there a little longer if you can, to show them that you have tried but that its just too much. You never know if you do, it might change.

If its going to be a problem though, if its going to affect your health, then that comes first and you have to move I would say.

Associate
number 1 comes first. look after yourself first before you worry what others think.

your parents will support you in whatever you choose to do - if it's affecting you, they'll understand.

Associate
OP
Nazbit said:
Well perhaps stay there a little longer if you can, to show them that you have tried but that its just too much. You never know if you do, it might change.

If its going to be a problem though, if its going to affect your health, then that comes first and you have to move I would say.

I wish I could but the way I see it, I could hold out for maybe a year waiting for another council place, then move to a new place and find myself in the same way, at least moving back to my old place I know what to expect.

I've offerd to pay £10 a week back, at the moment I'm not working so thats a big chunk out of the money I get. I just feel bad because they dont understand how I feel.

I can tell by the family that are causeing the problem they are not going to change, one kid attracts more and more etc and by the time I decide I have to move again I would have missed the chance of going back to what i know.

Back
Top Bottom