Am I being unreasonable?

Soldato
IF you insist on getting them replaced by the manufacturer, and they need a receipt, order a new box of the same make and model now. Install the new ones, keep the old ones. Give it a month or two, and then go back to the manufacturer saying they blew, and you have a receipt. Voila! You may get a replacement box. Admittedly you end up with more crummy bulbs, but if you insist on them, there you have it.

Soldato
Is there not a bigger issue of why so many are blowing? Could there be an electrical problem that needs looking at?

Are these halogen or led?
If halogen they will blow all over the shop, get rid, if LEd, they shouldn't be blowing at all, let alone 11 of them
I'd be concerned something else is wrong. GU bulbs iirc don't use drivers, so are 240mains, so it can't even be drivers.

Caporegime
I can see your point OP, but bulbs will be a tricky thing to claim on through the builder

Also, you think 11x GU 10 bulbs is going to cost £30 - £50??

You can get a pack of 10 5w Phillips ones for a tenner at Wickes

Soldato
Hi guys,

I just want to know if I am being unreasonable and unrealistic?

Bought a new build 12 months ago - comes with a builders 24 month snagging period. House has been ok bar the usual settling in issues. Most have been rectified but the big jobs have been forgotten about and I need to keep reminding them.

Anyway, in the main bathroom, ensuite and kitchen there are the downlights which use the LUMLIFE GU10 bulb. 11 of these have blown/flicker or are dim. Looking at the LUMLIFE spec for these bulbs, they carry a 3 year manufacturer guarantee. I have asked the snagging team for replacements and have explained they carry a warranty. They have point blank refused, claiming they do not cover consumables.

I'm pretty annoyed as it means forking out £30-50 on something that I know is still covered by a guarantee, but I can't claim as I didn't make the original purchase. It isn't about the cost, but the principal.

Am I being petty and just need to suck it up or do I continue to argue and hound them?

What would you do?

Thanks,

T_IT
I had the same problem with my new Redrow house and i got my bulbs in the end. It seems unreasonable to me that they expect you to just roll over with that many LED bulbs going and is clearly a bad batch as they should last you years with no issue.

Keep banging on at their customer service team about it while being firm and fair explaining that there may well be an underlying electrical fault that that you dont want to have to by all the bulbs only to find that they also blow really quickly.

They will have to send someone out to check this and if you are lucky that guy will end up giving you a load of bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom