• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Am I missing something?

Associate
thats probably the cheapest ive seen a gtx 570! however i have seen ones priced only a bit more with better oc opportunities e.g. asus directcu/msi twinfrozr

Associate
OP
Hmm yea but I'm just now wondering if the cooling of a £235 Twin Frozr 6950 would let me OC to where it matches the 570. And then theres also the extra vram to play with going down that route.

Soldato
To be honest your picking at straws here, its not like there's a massive gap in performance between any of these cards (I include the 6970 in that statement as well). Once a 6950 becomes redundant for games at max you can bet a GTX570 will be as well.

If I were you I would be looking at other features such as included games, warranty and the effectiveness of the cooler (such how quiet it is under load).

Soldato
To be honest your picking at straws here, its not like there's a massive gap in performance between any of these cards (I include the 6970 in that statement as well). Once a 6950 becomes redundant for games at max you can bet a GTX570 will be as well.

If I were you I would be looking at other features such as included games, warranty and the effectiveness of the cooler (such how quiet it is under load).

SSSSShh! Don't try and apply sense and reason, this is the Graphics Cards sub forum

Associate
OP
Meh there's a little more to it than that, I run a few things that already swallow my 1GB of vram so i'd also like to eliminate that problem

Associate
the 570 does perform very well in games though if you (like my mate) play shogun 2 quite often, then a 6950 will be better (more vram and optimisation im guessing?)

Back
Top Bottom