Am I the only that prefers PES over FIFA?

Soldato
I prefer PES simply because to me it feels like I earn the goals I score, whereas in FIFA it feels like I just pressed the right button at the right time.
I just found the experience of FIFA dull and emotion free, but PES always manages to get me worked up, in good and bad ways, but that's just like real football, so a good thing imo.

Soldato
I was always a PES fan on the PS2 and never bought a FIFA game until I bought PES2008 then played FIFA at a friends house, the day after I traded in PES and bought FIFA, I still play the PES demos as soon as they are released but I don't think they can catch up to FIFA now

Associate
PES boy all the way until 6.

I played the FIFA 08 demo, enjoyed it, changed over to that, tried the latest PES at the time, didn't like it, gave it a good battering too.
FIFA 09 got even better and now judging from the FIFA 10 demo, EA are producing each year an even greater footballing game. It's fantastic

My most anticipated game each year is FIFA now, love them. Never did I think I'd be saying this after playing the atrocious FIFA 07 back in the day.

All my friends converted now, few still play PES but purely as they haven't given FIFA the time or day really. I don't really understand how people can not like FIFA tbh but each to their own :)

Another pretty much the same. All of us Pro Evo fans have gone over to the dark side. We all love Fifa now, cant wait to get the league going in work this year...

Fifa 10 is a learning curve, you have to learn a new style of playing and Pro Evo players don't want to make the transition, but once they do, they love it....

I loved Pro Evo, was a massive fan since the ISS pro soccer days, but when something better comes along and when all of your mates are choosing Fifa, just go with the flow, because at the end of the days its playing against mates which is most fun!!!

Man of Honour
PES boy all the way until 6.

I played the FIFA 08 demo, enjoyed it, changed over to that, tried the latest PES at the time, didn't like it, gave it a good battering too.
FIFA 09 got even better and now judging from the FIFA 10 demo, EA are producing each year an even greater footballing game. It's fantastic

My most anticipated game each year is FIFA now, love them. Never did I think I'd be saying this after playing the atrocious FIFA 07 back in the day.

All my friends converted now, few still play PES but purely as they haven't given FIFA the time or day really. I don't really understand how people can not like FIFA tbh but each to their own :)
Pretty much word for word what I'd say. I owned and loved every version of Pro Evo right back from when it was on the PS1 but it started going downhill from PES6. Euro 2008 was the first Fifa game I ever owned (mainly for the Be A Pro mode) and from then I was hooked. Fifa 09 is my most played game of all time and Fifa 10 will likely break that record (or at least match it). Everything feels so right on it. My honest opinion is that anyone who prefers PES over Fifa simply hasn't given Fifa enough play time.

C64

C64

Soldato
Because pes2008 and Pes 2009 were unplayable online and had bugs such as bad keepers and had silly run animations.
But mostly it's because of the unplayable broken online.

Soldato
Andy you have another supporter in myself too! :p

Exactly the same as Andy really. FIFA is awesome and the demo just makes me want so much more. I actually think the players look more lifelike on PES but just wish it wasn't such an awful game to play. That noise of a pass or shot really irritates too.

Soldato
I used to love PES and always hated Fifa, always saying that Fifa didn't feel like football, only looking like it, that was until Fifa 09.

The Fifa 08 demo was ok but the game was too slow and still preferred PES 2008, even though the online side was broken. Fifa 09 nailed it for game speed and Konami's effort (PES 2009) was even worse than the previous year, it just didn't feel like football any more :( Far too many reasons why it just felt wrong. Fifa 09 is by far my most played football game ever. Even my 6 year old plays it!

Last night I played the PES 2010 demo for just over and hour and at first I thought it was crap, the player movement, speed of the players (Messi is untouchable) and the delay in passing/shooting, so played it some more and really got into it. It managed to put a smile on my face, I was actually enjoying it :eek: Thoughts started creeping in such as this just might be better than Fifa 10!!!

That was until I put Fifa 10 on straight after... What I said before about Fifa looking like football but PES playing like football, well its partly true, its now the other way around. PES 2010 looks better graphically but Fifa 10 is a much better game of football all round and you can actually catch Messi ;)

Associate
I used to be a strong believer that PES was god but was converted by FIFA09. The last PES that was quality was 6 I think, then it's been all downhill from there.

Konami/PES just isn't what it used to be. The gameplay used to be fantastic year in year out. Now it's just a mess.

Permabanned
Konami ruined PES, personally I dont know how, they had both markets Sony/Microsoft but 2008 was a disgrace, never bought 2009 I can only think they cut back to make MGS 4, no other reason how they wasted months of gaming time to put out a technically poor game, PES on the PS1 and PS2 and the N64 was the pinnacle of football they had something and you was loser if you liked Fifa, got it just right but Fifa has overtook PES and for a good reason, Fifa was always ok during the mega driver days and the saturn/ps1, its come on leaps and bonds during the last 3 years.

Permabanned
PES = King of football Whenever - 2008

FIFA = King of football 2008 - Present.

The PES2010 demo, feels like your controlling a robot. It's so sluggish and unresponsive.
Fifa 10 flows so smoothly and you feel completely in control of the game.

How anyone prefers PES2010 over FIFA 10 is deluded.

Associate
Agreed!! ^^^

I have pre-ordered from Amazon, I'm hoping to get it early, can't wait to get online and have a few games, it will be great if we can get a few comps on here with the regulars...

Looks like all the Pro Evo players have joined the Fifa revolution... well most of em'

Back
Top Bottom