Am I too picky?

Associate
Good for you westy!
I don't touch supermarket food at all.
with regards to the meat, it has been shipped from where to where??,butchered where? hung for how long? invariably no one on the counter can give you those answers. The local butcher or farmshop or farmers market willbe able to and they also know more about food that the average supermarket shop worker.
Beef can be shipped in from the continent fed for a short while in scotland and then sold as aberdeen steak!! Most beef for the supermarkets has not been hung so buy the beef out of date and hang on to it. Good beef should be dry and almost grey not bright red and full of blood.Mince can me mechanically recovered meat??!! and contain 100'sof different animal flesh,Farmshop mince is more likely to have come from one animal,ask them! Dont get rolledjoints as the fats surrounding may be from a different animal. Good meat should have good fat,fat = flavour, buy less but buy good!!!!!!

Bread from supermarkets contains vast levels of sugars and salts and preservatives, how else would you get a loaf for pennies and that lasts for days and has no flavour. try a sourdough loaf. wheat allergies and reactions have come about due to the milling process removing anything resembling a husk or fibre and new varities for bread making. find a baker who use the whole meal and varities such as spelt which lead to less intolerence.

no massed produced food or processed food is done with integrity and i will defend this point of view to my death, i feel very strongly about this. I work in the food business!! it is all done for profits, nothing wrong with profit, there are 4 major, yes only 4 major companies now producing food in the world!!!

they know the impact of salts, processed sugars and fats on the body, they are too powerful for it to stop.
I dont have time to carry this on but i hope the thread will,i will be back in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom