Am I Too Young For Radio2?

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Not listened to Radio 1 in a while although always used to listen to Edith Bowman on long drives, still would but I don't do the drives anymore :p
Tend to listen to Radio 2 on a Saturday morning for Jonathan Ross, otherwise always listen to Radio 4 in the week. Tends to be on in the background most of the day so tend to pick up on bits and pieces. Always listen to World at One and PM though but I'm a news junkie :)

Associate
I've never listened to Radio 2, might give it a try though :p (I'm 23)

I do listen to Chris Moyles every morning, though it's mostly out of habit now. He stopped being funny when he stopped the afternoon show in my opinion.

Mat

Mat

Soldato
I tend to listen to Moyles in the morning. He does tend to grate somewhat but I like the Monday night pub quiz and the stuff that Dave does.

In the evening it's usually Chris Evans on 2 but Scott Mills on 1 if Chris is away.

Radio 4 and Classic also get a look in if I just want to hear conversation or music without being shouted or whined at.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Dont be hating on the tezza. His voice has that beautiful quality that relaxes and makes you want to nod off gently. Radio 2 is great at times because they play good music. The music on radio1 at the moment is absolutely dire. I honestly cannot think of a time when it was worse. Flo riders song is appauling and so are so many others they seem to play all day every day. I mean why, there is a top 40 yet they rinse 6-7 songs constantly. Does my nut having to listen to it all day at work.

Soldato
i used to listen to john peel and anne nightingale on radio 2 in my teens, listen to radio 4 a lot now too. radio1 has always been mostly awful with occasional live event covered which is good if you like that band.

edit; chris moyles is not entertaining in any way, shape or form.

Last edited:
Associate
I listen to a bit of both, I like steve wright in the afternoon and Chris Evans too. Moylesy is quite funny at times, but gets on my wick after a while tbh. Oh, and I'm 25.

J.B

J.B

Soldato
X-FM or Absolute Radio (I still call it Virgin though)

I dont find Moyles that funny to be honest, he thinks he's funnier than he is.

The thing that I just cannot stand about Radio 1 and makes my blood boil is their stupid "Newsbeat" attempt at delivering the news. You'd probably get less patronising and more interesting report from CBBC Newround :mad:

Soldato
Chris Moyles voice can be so annoying that it can't help but wake me up in the morning. Normally jump between Radio 1, Radio 2, Absolute, Talksport, 5live and Radio 7 for Hancock's 1/2 Hour.....I'm 21 so make of that what you will.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
The thing that I just cannot stand about Radio 1 and makes my blood boil is their stupid "Newsbeat" attempt at delivering the news. You'd probably get less patronising and more interesting report from CBBC Newround :mad:

Yeah Newsbeat is awful, so incredibly patronising!

Soldato
Chris Moyles is not funny, IMO
This. Frankly, he's a complete tool.

Radio 2 > Radio 1. Radio 4 would go on and then I would turn the radio off before I listened to the drivel on Radio 1.

Not that I listen to any of them as DAB and Planet Rock is the way forward.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom