Am old and fingers ache!

Soldato
Okay so I'm looking at getting a new keyboard and mouse for reference I currently have a qpad mk85 and roccat kova mouse.

They both work fine and I do still like them allot however I need something more comfortable.

Im finding my fingers seem to randomly ache etc when using them (fine if I use a ps4/360 pad)

Due to this I'm wondering if its due to them not being as hand friendly for a better term

I didn't used to have this issue however been at a desk job for past 18 months and I type daily, and suffer using typical crap mice and keyboard at work (your usual £8 bundled of crap)

Any reccomendations?

Last edited:
Soldato
Cod liver oil caps!
Probably posted as a joke but maybe not a bad shout.

Fwiw I’m 43 and use a pc at work a lot and game in the evening. luckily I’ve not suffered any issues and I’ve mild arthritis in most of the fingers on my right hand.

Maybe find somewhere you can actually put your hands on mice and keyboards, purple shirt crowd maybe? Find what’s comfortable then buy somewhere cheaper.

Do you use a wrist rest?

Soldato
I had similar issues and was advised to do the following first as I Am getting on a bit myself. Comfortable seat and height, better suitable spectacles (if appropriate) , adjustment of distance and height of monitor. My keyboard and mouse where fine afterwards.

Associate
I would suggest getting a mechanical keyboard with a wrist rest and gateron clear switches. Or cherry reds. They're light and you don't need to put much force on them. Might save you a lot of trouble. Might also release some tension if you make sure you are seated correctly and at a proper height. ( so you can reach for the keyboard without any problems)

Soldato
Search for 'microsoft ergonomic keyboard 4000'.

Have been using these since 2008, they take a couple of weeks to get use to, however they reduce RSI.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom