AM2 or Intel Conroe

Associate
Im selling off all my hardware at the mo initially for am2, but obviously intel launch conroe in september reportedly and amd 65nm cpus for am2 around same time.

Question is, am2 is it worth going down this route with cheap cpu untill 65nm ones are released or is conroe gonna be better or is it all a load of rubbish and spend a git load on a am2 cpu now(kind of) and worry bout any of that malarky?

Did that make sense? as ive had a few beers now and could just be jibberish :eek: :)

General consensus I think is that Conroe is gonna be the next BIG Daddy CPU although AM2 probably wont be too far behind.

Not a good time to be building a PC at the moment simply because of whether or not to wait for AM2/Conroe or just go for a current CPU.

Personally I cant be doing with waiting around when it comes to PC hardware because no matter when you buy something, a few weeks/months down the line something better is gonna show up lol.

My advice would be to wait until both are released and wait for some proper comparisons if none already exist.

SiriusB

When is a good time to build a high end pc lol!

Well im kinda stuck coz im selling everything so i have to build a pc, i dont want to even get in to gfx card issues im facing! same sort of thing lol

gtir666 said:
When is a good time to build a high end pc lol!

Well im kinda stuck coz im selling everything so i have to build a pc, i dont want to even get in to gfx card issues im facing! same sort of thing lol

in an ironic way, now ould actually be a good time.

gfx cards like 7900 series going seriously cheap, and cpu's are reasonable right now.

where as if you wait you'll just be paying top dollar for every piece of new hardware you buy.

bang for buck at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom