Amateur Football

Associate
Hello people,

Does anyone play amateur football here? What position, type of player are you?

I'm looking for a team to join in SE London for next season, just enough time to get fit for it.

If anyone knows of any teams that need a left back that can hold their own on a Saturday\Sunday then let me know.

Left footed, good engine, distinct lack of pace, not bad on the ball, good from corners being 6ft 6.5.....thats about it, oh and I love a 50\50 ball...60\40or even a 70\30.

Anyway enough of advertising my lack of football skills. What about everyone else?

Caporegime
Yep.

Anywhere along the Right.

In centre midfield / forward favourite though, much better in the middle or behind the strikers / striker.

I like to think of myself as a Riquelme type player when I'm in the middle :D
I've got good feet and can pass well, just not blessed with pace since I've put on weight :p strong on the ball though as a result! Do enjoy a tackle! I'm 6" 6/7 and I'm shocking in the air :D

Man of Honour
Yep

I can't shoot to save my life so I play defence all the time, I sometimes play in goal when no one can be bothered but I mainly play RWB/LWB/RB/LB/DM. I'm not really that big so I rarely play CB.

Sounds like I'm almost the opposite of tummy, I have average feet/passing but I'm blessed with pace, I'm like a defensive, more pacey Park Ji Sung as I have energy in abundance .

Soldato
I play in goal due to the fact i was crap when i was younger (even worse now) so got dumped in net.

Sometimes i'll play in defence if i'm forced to come out but tend to sit back while other people push forward, although sometimes i'll swing my leg and catch a beauty of a shot

Associate
Play for two teams. 11 aside and 7 aside. Usually play full back for 11s but have been known to play anywhere across the middle. Play centre mid or forward in 7 aside. Just come back from our 11 aside football tour in Belgium. To say I'm feeling rough is an understatement.

Caporegime
Play for a team in 6 and 7 aside Mondays/Thursdays. I am just really recovery from thigh tear in Jan.play midfielder or up front. Known best for my busy style, good final ball and lack of fitness. Have also chipped multiple keepers in small nets.

Soldato
Play 11-a-side both Saturdays and Sundays. Play Up front/Centre Mid on Saturdays and Right Wing on Sundays. About 5"10, can use both feet and am slowly getting better with my head :p.

Soldato
I was a right footed left winger/wing back until I had to stop playing 4 years ago.

I say right footed, I could cross with my left foot, but couldnt shoot for **** with it.

Soldato
Played for my uni team last year and probably Sunday league next year. Usually play up front and score most of my goals with my head though I'm only 5'11". I scored 14 goals last year and none from outside the area, RvN style. :D

Associate
I play CM. I think I'd be a "tireless midfielder" if I was on footy manager :p Good stamina, quick, love a tackle, strong in the air (considering I'm only 5'10), make good movement for passes.

However, I can't shoot for toffee :p (Unless with my head). So I usually box to box it, but don't go inside theirs too much. I know my limits ;)

Soldato
How do you go about finding a team? Been thinking about playing for ages, I use to play in teams when I was at school but not since.

No idea how bad I would be now considering it has been a long time since I played competitively.

Soldato
How do you go about finding a team? Been thinking about playing for ages, I use to play in teams when I was at school but not since.

No idea how bad I would be now considering it has been a long time since I played competitively.

Look at the local leagues on websites and email a few managers and just go down.

That's how I found my team. Although I did play them a few times with my old team and they beat us all the time so I joined them :p

I'm a Heskey style holding forward who doesn't get many goals but lots of assists :)

Back
Top Bottom