amazon prime video on nowtv

Associate
hi everyone

does anyone know how to get amazon prime video on a now tv box?

i have seen a video of it working -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXg5LqsaxlM

but he doesnt show or say how and the people who have asked have been ignored.

i know you can put plex and filmon etc on a nowtv box but i just want to put amazon on it so the kids can use my account on another tv.

i have done loads of searching but cant find anything...
i need the amazon zip file apparently??

Soldato
You can side-load a single app onto them, the basic instructions are the same regardless of the app in question and relatively easy to find.

The tricky bit is finding the apps. Plex is possible but it's an old version as the latest is only available through the Roku store. Netflix and others aren't possible at all as the standalone app has never been released.

If you can find the Amazon app then you can side-load it, don't know if or where it can be obtained though.

Soldato
Something else you could look into, is whether a channel for amazon exists for plex. That way you could at least sideload plex and use amazon through it. I haven't seen this done for amazon though.

Soldato
The apk was ripped from a sony tv

Personally, I wouldn't bother

I went through all this faffing about for ages. In the end, just get a roku 2 and install the the apps properly. You'll get constant updates then and guaranteed to work.

Associate
OP
ok thanks for the help

i wanted to avoid plex as its for my kids and ust wanted something easy and simple for them.

by the way glen8, your the only person i have found who knew anything about it at all, but yeah, im slowly coming round to having to by yet more streaming boxes

Soldato
ok thanks for the help

i wanted to avoid plex as its for my kids and ust wanted something easy and simple for them.

by the way glen8, your the only person i have found who knew anything about it at all, but yeah, im slowly coming round to having to by yet more streaming boxes

I've written many online guides for the likes of unblock-us (rip), avforums, doom9 and the likes.....I'm a bit of a dark horse when it comes to streaming media ;)
Funnily enough I'm in a meeting with Dell in two weeks to discuss rdp10/avc codecs. It's a passion (or maybe an obsession) of mine.

Basically amazon have only licensed sony to deliver their prime app on their TVs (which runs on android). LG are the other, but they use webos. The apk which is floating around online came from the sony.

Even if you side loaded the apk to the now tv box, you can only install one app. That means you'll have to lose plex (I'd rather have plex). Buy a Roku. There's an online etailer (who also has many retail outlets) selling them for £59.99 with a free £5 voucher over a £50 spend. You also get 2 months free now tv movies code when you register it. If you google for the roku unofficial apps site, you can click a link to install filmon. Great app for freeview channels!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom