Amazon pulling a fast one?

Man of Honour
Caporegime
Hi all - I was about to order a Mac mini and I'm a little confused as to what is going on....

On this page it says 'sold by Amazon':

https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Apple-mini-Chip-512GB/dp/B08N5Q8XPF/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1FFEY0V0T0LJP&dchild=1&keywords=apple+m1+mac+mini&qid=1612907292&sprefix=apple+m1+,aps,163&sr=8-4

^^^ I bop that in my basket and go to pay. It now says sold by 'Mila AG'?! :confused:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/localservi...&asin=B0756D1FWW&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P

Eh? That's not Amazon.... what am I missing here? :confused:

Cheers!

Does the same for me.

Man of Honour
OP
Interesting thanks all... I’m cautious because of warranty reasons. Interestingly the guy on Amazon chat has inferred it’s Amazon.

Very odd.

Associate
That is weird but I am very careful with that. For example a gimbal from Amazon was sold and dispatched by them but selecting the Pro-combo (includes more accessories) within the dropdown switched it to an third party seller, sold and dispatched by them. Luckily they used DPD with next day delivery, so no issue really.

Associate
Pretty sure many of the things sold by amazon are actually just things another business has paid them to hold in their warehouses and sell on their behalf. Although yeah that does usually say fulfilled instead of sold by I guess

Man of Honour
Tried it on a few items all say Mila AG on the final summary before paying. Something has gone wrong somewhere I think.

Mila AG (in relation to Amazon) is a small electronics storefront from what I can see and not the kind of company that might be (invisibly) underpinning their services normally.

Associate
Had this happen with the new Mario Nintendo Switch which releases Friday. I had to change payment details and saw it switch from sold by amazon eu to sold by Mila AG. I was worried that they had swapped my order to a third party because they had sold out but seeing this thread puts my mind at ease a bit.

Back
Top Bottom