• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 3700X

Associate
Hey guys.

Been out the loop a while now well a couple of years as it is and we all know pc tech moves on rapidly.

Built my system during covid and I'm just starting to get back into pc gaming.

Is the 3700X still a semi decent CPU for modern titles?

Soldato
Still a good CPU when pared with a decent GPU. You can chase FPS numbers with later CPUs with higher clock speeds and performance per core but for average 1440p gaming it's still fine.

Just installed a RTX 2070 Super in a system based around a 3700X and it was running Enshrouded at 2560 x 1440 showing 80 fps with DLSS balanced.

I did use the AMD Wraith cooler initially bit that quickly got replaced with a twin tower air cooler for my sanity.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Associate
Im gaming at 1440p mate

Should be fine mate, still using a 3600x myself. I could do with an upgrade to improve my 1% lows but overall it still runs Cyberpunk and other new title at over 60fps. If you do struggle just buy a 58003dx chip for around £250. Its not far off the best chip for gaming and will drop straight into your current build.

Back
Top Bottom