AMD 3900X Build - Advice

Soldato
OP
you wont be disappointed with it, i was very happy moving from a heavily overclocked 7900x, and noticed no performance loss, i however was over the moon when i checked thermals and power, 7nm uses next to nothing, which is very welcomed XD.

even now with a 4.4ghz all core clock i just about hit 150w peak power for the cpu which is nuts

I'm hoping it'll be a bit of a jump from my 4790K, seems to struggle a bit with CPU intensive games so the fps is all over the shop. Mainly PUBG / COD Warzone for example, guessing they are CPU intensive as well as GPU.

Soldato
I'm hoping it'll be a bit of a jump from my 4790K, seems to struggle a bit with CPU intensive games so the fps is all over the shop. Mainly PUBG / COD Warzone for example, guessing they are CPU intensive as well as GPU.

going from a 4790k to a 3900x will be a massive improvement (like adding a 9900k to your old cpu XD), trust me more modern day game titles use more cores and plus having such a powerful cpu it will eliminate any gpu bottleneck at 1440p or above, as the cpu can supply more than enough data at the gpu. yes Intel are still king because of superior clocks but AMD have gained so much ground its embarrassing for intel.

i have my 3900x paired with a 2080tii and my new asus 4k HDR screen is a excellent combo i can push around 100-130fps in most games at 4k with most details set to max (the division 2, destiny 2, farcry4 and 5 and many more)

Soldato
OP
going from a 4790k to a 3900x will be a massive improvement (like adding a 9900k to your old cpu XD), trust me more modern day game titles use more cores and plus having such a powerful cpu it will eliminate any gpu bottleneck at 1440p or above, as the cpu can supply more than enough data at the gpu. yes Intel are still king because of superior clocks but AMD have gained so much ground its embarrassing for intel.

i have my 3900x paired with a 2080tii and my new asus 4k HDR screen is a excellent combo i can push around 100-130fps in most games at 4k with most details set to max (the division 2, destiny 2, farcry4 and 5 and many more)

Yeah I think my 4790K is holding me back and hindering my 2080ti somewhat, it's been a great CPU though, had it a good 3-4 years now at least!

Soldato
Yeah I think my 4790K is holding me back and hindering my 2080ti somewhat, it's been a great CPU though, had it a good 3-4 years now at least!

:) those were intels day back then, i too had the devils canyon refresh chip (4790k) and once de-lidded and overclocked it absolutely screamed at gaming, pity the 10th gen rocking on 14nm is around the same kind of speed as the 3900x but at a horrendous power trade off, official advice for the 10900k is a 360mm rad at the minimum for cooling XD

Back
Top Bottom