• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 7700x and 360 AIO Target Temp

Associate
Hi Everyone,

I am building my first PC for 12 years. Wow a lot to learn! Technology has definitely moved on! I am getting an AMD7700X, Asus TUF 670E plus Wifi and a Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO watercooler. So, from my research it seems that the 7700X targets 95 degrees as a constant temperature. This seems to mean that the pump will go up at that temp and the fans will as well making it quite loud. I have also learned that this will mean that the CPU will draw more power to attain the 95 degree target, which is essentially a waste as there is no additional performance. These chips have been out a while and I know many of you will have them. So, I'm after some advice from you experts. How do you deal with this? Do you amend fan and pump profiles? Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Blue

Soldato
Hi Everyone,

I am building my first PC for 12 years. Wow a lot to learn! Technology has definitely moved on! I am getting an AMD7700X, Asus TUF 670E plus Wifi and a Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO watercooler. So, from my research it seems that the 7700X targets 95 degrees as a constant temperature. This seems to mean that the pump will go up at that temp and the fans will as well making it quite loud. I have also learned that this will mean that the CPU will draw more power to attain the 95 degree target, which is essentially a waste as there is no additional performance. These chips have been out a while and I know many of you will have them. So, I'm after some advice from you experts. How do you deal with this? Do you amend fan and pump profiles? Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Blue
Undervolt, i run my 7950x on 65w/105w modes never reach above 65c on 100% load or when gaming 70c ( as it still boost to near 5.7ghz) I'm on air cooler btw

Last edited:
Associate
Unless you are running multi-core work 24/7 then just adjust the fan curve if it's too noisy. The CPU is designed to boost as high as it can until it hits the thermal limit. If you don't let it do that then you are losing performance for no reason.

Back
Top Bottom