• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD ARE CELEBRATING AND SO ARE WE!!

Soldato
You will find out at 18:00 :D

I am sure most of you know why and well to celebrate alongside AMD

If we have to wait till 6pm then most of us dont know.

Just doing a little google reveals this ?

Innovation and Competition Return to High-Performance PCs March 2nd with Worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 Availability
spacer.gif

AMD Ryzen 7 Lineup Includes the World's Highest Performing and Lowest Powered 8-core Desktop PC Processors; Immediate Pre-order Availability From More Than 180 Retailers and Boutique OEMs
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/22/17 -- AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced the global launch of AMD Ryzen™ 7 desktop processors, with pre-orders starting today from more than 180 global etailers and boutique OEMs, to the delight of PC gamers, content creators, enthusiasts, and fans worldwide. After four years and more than two million engineering hours of development, Ryzen is ready to unleash its powerful purpose, shake up the market, and connect millions more people to high performance personal computing.

http://ir.amd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=74093&p=irol-newsArticle&id=2248241

Associate
Is that a pricing error, or do I see an RX 480 for well under £200 ath the price it should have originally launched at? Damn... so tempting. I might actually buy it lol. As a gift for someone...

Soldato
Anyone know what the Asus Dual cooler is like? Tempted to upgrade my blower 7950 purely for noise reasons (I only really play Total Warhammer and probably won't play much else until Squadron 42 finally lands).

Associate
Yes Vega 10 around 1080 Ti price and Vega 11 around 1070 price.

I don't think this kind of pricing makes any sense at all. It also makes no sense for AMD to release 2 cards with such a big gap in performance between them. Best case scenario, in my opinion of course, which could totally be wrong, is 2 cards which are around 1070 and 1080 ish performance and pricing pretty close to those of the NVidia cards.

Soldato
OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo, any idea when stock will be back in. Will place an order now but want to make sure there is a chance you will get them back in stock soon-ish?

They sold extremely fast, 100 units in less than an hour.
More stock arriving early next week all being well. :)

Back
Top Bottom