• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Catalyst 12.11 Driver Problems

Associate
I have a sapphire 7870 oc'd to 1170/1380MHz.
Yesterday i cam across the 12.11 beta drivers which claim to give a boost of around 20% in BF3 and in other games. That is pretty darn amazing :eek:
So i installed the driver and played battlefield 3 on ultra. Usually i get 55-65 fps on average, and the driver increased it to 70+!!!
Everything went well, until the game crashed and gave me a blue screen and restarted my pc. So i decided to downgrade back to the 12.10 drivers, and everything was fine.

Could someone please help me as the new driver is really good and i don't wanna miss out on the action.

TY.

Soldato
The 12.11 is stated for improvements in BF3 however that is only a generalisation for the cards running there factory clocks. Not an increase on an already clocked card.

With respect, how can you be ignorant to that?

Soldato
Just keep 12.11 and figure out a new OC??

12.11 + slightly lower clock if required will far out perform 12.10 with a slightly higher clock.

The new drivers draw the absolute best from the 7000 series cards.

Soldato
mine clocked better lol, was quite suprised tbh.
CF max 12.10 = 1200/1600
CF max 12.11 = 1245/1750

You tell me why?

the new drivers have a secret firmware upgrade loaded up to your cards.:p
that how skynet starts

might be less stress on some of your cards shaders or such allowing a better balance load.

Back
Top Bottom