• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD CES 2021 thread

Caporegime
I don't think we'll see any desktop product announcements today. It's all APUs, mobile, laptop.

And "new products in 1H 2021" - when does that ever mean anything except "the very last days of 1H, ie May/June" :p

If she'd said Q1 that would have been more cheery. But it looks like shortages are going to continue.

Soldato
I don't think we'll see any desktop product announcements today. It's all APUs, mobile, laptop.

And "new products in 1H 2021" - when does that ever mean anything except "the very last days of 1H, ie May/June" :p

If she'd said Q1 that would have been more cheery. But it looks like shortages are going to continue.

The showed some desktop GPUs coming 2020 H1. 1 and 2 fan models, so the lower end cards, as expected.

Caporegime
Did they announce any lower end GPU's?

Also good news on the mobile CPU's, now when can someone buy a new AMD gaming laptop?
I struggled to find any 4800/4600 CPU ones with a 5600M and 16GB RAM 512GB SSD.

Caporegime
Laptop, APU, Epyc... Drone on about Formula 1 for 5 mins...

Oh you wanted desktop products? Sorry, run out of time, have a great year!

Thanks, AMD.

Soldato
A very mediocre show of power. They have so many things going for them at AMD and they don't use any of it to hammer home another win. Well, I hope the Nvidia one is better otherwise I've just wasted too much of an evening.

Caporegime
No doubt they are doing fantastic given how many fronts they are fighting and how they seem to have their fingers in a lot of pies but sadly, all this has taken away from their desktop gpus, at least for now.....

Back
Top Bottom