AMD Chipset Drivers Win 8.1 x64?

Associate
Hi, would anyone still have AMD chipset drivers for Windows 8.1 x64 still?

Seems odd that most AMD motherboards only have chipset support for Windows 10 and 7 but dropped 8.1. If anything you'd think with Windows 7 being the oldest they'd drop in order of oldest and not drop the middle! Works using Microsoft AHCI drivers at the moment but I'm not getting hotswap / safely remove options in notification area. I could always make drive offline first but would be handy to have the safely remove option.

Judging by all forums everywhere, the last chipset version was 17.10 but all links are now dead so I'm hoping someone still has a copy in their archives?

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Considering 8.1 is supported by MS until 2023, it's annoying. I guess the reason why is tiny market share. I'm in the same boat with my R9 380 which are also 17.10 from July last year. :/

Anyway, I think you'll have to provide some info on which chipset you have to get more help. :p

Associate
OP
:eek: Sorry, it's for AB350M motherboard chipset drivers, not graphics card.

What's also annoying is that Gigabyte website happily provides Win 8.1 downloads for Audio, LAN, Bios and all the usual Utility apps so it seems a bit of a support identity crisis for them to say we don't support Win8/8.1 so won't be providing a Chipset driver but then have every other driver for Win7/8/8.1/10... :mad:

Associate
OP
Yes, tried the extract method and also ran the installer with Win 7 compatibility. Sadly the extract method didn't offer any hotswap functionality. The installer didn't appear to do much even if it did say it had installed all AMD drivers for SMBus, USB/USB 3.0/USB 3.1 it still didn't offer AHCI hotswap. It did however cause Windows 8.1 to lose its activation so I thought great it must have done some major changes to chipset but nothing AHCI related. I guess SMBus and USB changes would cause Windows to think there was a major hardware change!

I think I will just have to settle with using Hotswap utility until such time I move to Windows 10 or back to 7. Not in any particular rush but just a shame AMD decide to ditch chipset support for 8/8.1 before 7 while offering every other 8/8.1 driver. Madness.

Back
Top Bottom