• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Driver problem i think??

Permabanned
My GF as a RX480 8gb, when we set a fan profile and overclock the AMD drivers keep reverting back to stock and over riding MSI afterburner.

I have also use wattman to set up a profile, and ever time the system restarts i have to back in and reload the profile.
i even bios modded the GPU to set a fan profile, and the amd drivers dont pick up the GPU..

any idea what i can do to sort this out? the GPU is in an itx case and we dont want it idling at 50c and gaming at 77c when we know it will idle at 32c and game at 55c with just a little fan speed bump.

GPU is MSI RX480 Gaming X

Permabanned
OP
It'll be erase unsaved settings in msi after burner I think?
Check your afterburner settings.
I'd just use afterburner to overclock to be honest.

my op wasn't very good, the GPU as been working fine with just AB for about 3 weeks. but as of yesterday the fan speeds and clocks would drop when gaming.
the AB setting would be as i set them to, but the card was running stock fan and clock profiles.

i used AB to set the fan to 50% fixed and again about about 3mins the fan dropped to 42% and temps went upto 72c

SO...
i removed AB and went to wattman because i was assuming the wattman was overriding AB.
i set up and saved a profile and all is good. but ever time the system is powered down wattman go to stock.

the overclock mean nothing, the gpu is upto the job without the overclock, but its the fan profile i want.

Back
Top Bottom