AMD Fusion Mini-ITX

Associate
I've got the Sapphire Pure Fusion Mini E350 Zacate (from OC) running a RAID and a ASUS E35M1-M PRO (from elsewhere) that I'm testing out it's limitations. I'll post photos soon.

Soldato
this really throws the cat amongst the pigeons for me, as i just ruled out an atom/ion combo in favour of a gen2 i3 (35w 2.5ghz) itx combo for my new rig but would buy one of these in a heartbeat if they're significantly better than atom/ion in daily use, my old GMA/atom single core 1.6ghz netbook hasn't been at all bad

if it allowed some games play? :D

Last edited:
Asus e35m1-I owner
Used as htpc - totally silent and has coped with everything so far. Had issues with windows updates messing the install up. Otherwise happy with the setup. Rest of setup.
Silverstone ml03 case may change later to something smaller.
4 GB ddr3 1600
64gb c300 ssd
2Tb f4 samsung

Soldato
As per my other thread my low power server is now built and running:

"Got it built, some feedback if anyone is thinking of doing similar :)

Ok specs:

1 x MSI E350IA-E45 E-350 with HD6310 iGPU - AMD Fusion (ITX)
1 x Lian Li Mini-ITX
Corsair 6gb ddr3 2+4 1333mhz
2x 2tb WD greens
Random old 300watt psu I had, to be replaced with Corsair 550watt (for efficiency)

Running windows 7 as the OS and does:

File server (shared folders)
Downloads
Crash plan
CCTV monitor
Air video server

It's obviously not as snappy as my main pc, and I control it via remote desktop connection which slows things down abit, but all in all I'm pretty happy with it. Cost just over £200 and the final results for power draw are:

37-39 watts while doing all of the above tasks, hell of a lot less than my main pc!"

Caporegime
I picked up the Gigabyte E350N-USB3 as my first foray into ITX, I feared the 40mm fan would make a racket (as they normally do) but it's completely inaudible and it's great not having to worry about overheating like with the latest 4/6 core processors.

I was thinking of using this for when I didn't the grunt (internet surfing etc) but it does seem a bit sluggish at times even doing that (I'm used to 4-6 core monster rigs so probably be being picky), I'm now planning to use it as a firewall/router as it seems ideal and I will probably build an i3 ITX system as my next project to use as a low power system.

Last edited:
Soldato
I went fusion for a custom htpc solution.

ASRock E350 (fan is inaudible when set to lowest speed in bios)
4gig stick o ram
Caviar blue 250 drive (wish I could afford ssd)

All shoehorned into an Antec ISK100 case.

Running win 7 64bit no problems at all and using xbmc streams stuff in hd very smooth.

Treated myself to a logitech dinovo edge mini which I'm still getting used to. Came to £300 including a win 7 licence and the dinovo mini.

Back
Top Bottom